2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I just was able to leave a “public” comment on the IRS website regarding the fate of those of us who may not be able to take delivery of our PHEV’s before 01/01/23. Due to the timing of the the law being signed and Ford’s order banks for a 2022 closing before the law being signed and then not opening for a 2023 until after it being signed. Here is a link to leave a comment
Maybe if enough people comment on our situation the IRS may make a provision for such situations. BUT there’s a catch, comments can only be submitted through tomorrow. Who knows, it’s worth a try

· Registered
56 Posts
So we didn’t get scheduled on Thursday 11/03 but did get the dreaded “ supply chain delays” email today. Ford promised to try update us every 45 days 😏
This is a PHEV thread though 😉 😎
Also just noticed that we received the supply delay email exactly 45 days from the day we received the order confirmation email.
I ordered my 2023 PHEV on 9/19 and haven't been scheduled yet either, but your posts are confusing. Since you got the supply delay email after 45 days, that must be for a 2022 PHEV, but this thread is for the 2023 PHEV.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I ordered my 2023 PHEV on 9/19 and haven't been scheduled yet either, but your posts are confusing. Since you got the supply delay email after 45 days, that must be for a 2022 PHEV, but this thread is for the 2023 PHEV.
Ordered a 2023 on 9/21/22. Received order confirmation that evening. Received supply delay email Saturday AM (11/05). If I’m counting correctly thats 45 days on my calendar. 9 days in September, 31 in October and 5 in November = 45

· Registered
56 Posts
Ordered a 2023 on 9/21/22. Received order confirmation that evening. Received supply delay email Saturday AM (11/05). If I’m counting correctly thats 45 days on my calendar. 9 days in September, 31 in October and 5 in November = 45
Oops you're right, I didn't realize it has been that long! I ordered from the dealer on 9/19 but contacted him on 9/26 because I hadn't received the confirmation email. My email address wasn't on the order so he added it and I got the email the same day. It's been 48 days since 9/19 so if I get the delay email on 11/10, I guess I'll know that it wasn't really ordered until 9/26. 😠

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
So listening to Tim Bartz’s live YouTube last night and he shared this info. He said that about 20% of 2023 Escape production will be a mix of hybrid and PHEV’s. Roughly 11% PHEV and 8% hybrid. Ford has already taken in double the amount of orders for PHEV’s and 3-4 times the amount of Hybrid orders that they planned to build for 2023. So needless to say it’s a problem. To give you a sense of what the numbers look like based on previous year’s production . Ford roughly builds about 12000 Escapes a month . So about 144000 a year. 11% of that number is 15840. So what they’re saying is that they’ve already in the first month of taking orders they have over 30000 PHEV orders for 2023. So waits will be long and some more than likely won’t get built.
Here’s the link to what he said ( starts around 48:00 minutes in)

· Registered
173 Posts
This is a PHEV thread though 😉 😎
Yes, but right on time - exactly 45 days, I got the same email for my gas-powered Platinum order. Given the alleged 80/20 favorability for gas vs PHEV in production, I'm disappointed that I'm now also on the "we'll update you in 45 days" list. Which for me, is Dec 26.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Yes, but right on time - exactly 45 days, I got the same email for my gas-powered Platinum order. Given the alleged 80/20 favorability for gas vs PHEV in production, I'm disappointed that I'm now also on the "we'll update you in 45 days" list. Which for me, is Dec 26.
Interesting, though it was a PHEV / hybrid issue . But looks like an overall Escape thing. Not good

21 - 40 of 77 Posts