2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

2023 PHEV order experience

68K views 553 replies 73 participants last post by  Las Vegas Guy 
#1 ·
I guess we’ll be the first to post a 2023 PHEV order. Standard PHEV, Vapor blue, space gray interior and panoramic vista roof. Let the fun begin 😎. Ordered at dealership at 11:30am this morning.

#8 ·
2023 PHEV, Premium, Vapor blue, Ebony interior, Vista roof. Cargo Shade (dealer says this cannot be added on), Floor Liner with Carpet Mats. MSRP $46,610

I think the Premium package is a new trim but not classified as such. I have yet to find a definitive photo of interior anywhere on internet. I really hope they keep the two-toned Titanium look, and the Chinese market layout and the new leather seats.

Dealer tried to order it for me multiple times on September 20th, it wasn't until 5pm that the system showed correct order code. I got confirmation from Ford at 9:30pm. Finger crossed that this will be built this year for the tax credit. The color still shows Atlas Blue but I figured it will be fixed in time.

#9 ·
Our dealer didn’t see the Vapor blue at first when keying in the order. But then he said “ oh here it is at the bottom “. Not sure what that meant but Vapor blue is what shows up on our order form and email confirmation. And ditto here on getting built this year for the tax credit.

#12 ·
Based upon posts on the Mach E forum, most dealers get reimbursed by Ford for the Price Protection and do not refund at the time of sale. It was taking 30-45 days. I also was able to get X-plan pricing on my Mach E. Does anyone know if X-Plan pricing is available for the 2023 Escape PHEVs?

#15 ·
My fingers are crossed that my Jan 2022 order gets built as a '22 MY and I don't need to reorder for '23.
I wanted the lowest price PHEV Escape with adaptive cruise and heated seats, plus a spare tire.
$33540 - PHEV SE
$110 - spare
$995 CP360+
$645 Cold weather pkg
$1245 Dest. & Del.
$36,535
$35,270.85 - X Plan price

If delivered by 12/31/22 - $6843 Federal Tax Credit. '23 might get $3750 tax credit? Maybe $7500? Up in the air for now.

I think the 2023 comes with adaptive cruise standard now, and heated seats - with about $2k higher MSRP than my 2022 build. But if I get some sort of price retention - maybe it won't be much higher priced after all? Depends on the tax credit...

#19 ·
Seems like that was a given though. I know they previously "reported" Nov 1. But that no longer made sense after someone in another thread posted the production schedule that showed the 22 would be built through Thanksgiving week. Then add 10 days to change out...

#28 ·
I just was able to leave a “public” comment on the IRS website regarding the fate of those of us who may not be able to take delivery of our PHEV’s before 01/01/23. Due to the timing of the the law being signed and Ford’s order banks for a 2022 closing before the law being signed and then not opening for a 2023 until after it being signed. Here is a link to leave a comment
Maybe if enough people comment on our situation the IRS may make a provision for such situations. BUT there’s a catch, comments can only be submitted through tomorrow. Who knows, it’s worth a try

#38 ·
So listening to Tim Bartz’s live YouTube last night and he shared this info. He said that about 20% of 2023 Escape production will be a mix of hybrid and PHEV’s. Roughly 11% PHEV and 8% hybrid. Ford has already taken in double the amount of orders for PHEV’s and 3-4 times the amount of Hybrid orders that they planned to build for 2023. So needless to say it’s a problem. To give you a sense of what the numbers look like based on previous year’s production . Ford roughly builds about 12000 Escapes a month . So about 144000 a year. 11% of that number is 15840. So what they’re saying is that they’ve already in the first month of taking orders they have over 30000 PHEV orders for 2023. So waits will be long and some more than likely won’t get built.
Here’s the link to what he said ( starts around 48:00 minutes in)

#45 ·
So I received my initial order email from on Sept. 24th. I was wondering if anyone else had 18" painted rock metallic rims on their order outline rather than the spec'd machined magnetic aluminum wheels.

I'd be happy if that was how the car came, not a fan of the machined magnetic aluminum wheels.

Also is there a way to find out what "place in line" my car is?
Font Number Circle Parallel Rectangle

Attachments

#48 ·
I had planned to put an order in next month for a Hybrid ST since my lease is up in April.23 for my 2020 Titanium Hybrid which i love getting 42mpg - Real world not what the dash says (44mpg)

I wonder if they will even take an order after listening to the video.

#49 ·
I wonder if they will even take an order after listening to the video.
As long as an order can be placed, they'll "take" it. When and whether it will get built is another matter. I look at some of our forum friends who ordered their MY22 PHEVs almost a year ago and are now just getting delivery.

The video is interesting but gives no insight into whether Ford will make changes based on current orders or if dealers would be able to order PHEVs on their own (seems unlikely but no one knows for sure).