2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Escape SEL PHEV
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this be ordered and installed after the car is at the dealer? I know with the 2020 version you had to order it with the car. It was not available after the fact.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can this be ordered and installed after the car is at the dealer? I know with the 2020 version you had to order it with the car. It was not available after the fact.
Yes, my dealer ordered one for my '22 Escape Hybrid when I got the car 2 months ago. Exactly the same one that I have in my '21 PHEV that came with the car.

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,589 Posts
The mid year production 2021 on had the upper trim panels with the nub for the front loops (why did Ford even make 2 different panels?),.
I haven't looked at the lift gate trim to see if that just has a knock out for the rear clip or if it would have to be dremeled out.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Escape Titanium PHEV
26 Posts
I ordered mine with the cargo cover. When I had investigated to do it after the fact the pain was to have the special receiver clips in the rear tailgate inside panel. I actually don't like it since if you have anything higher than the rear seat, the cover never goes over and bunches up almost damaging the cover. It is a kind of flimsy construction unlike previous manufactures that used the retractable roller type cover that you could leave rolled up or roll out should you want to use the cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts