2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so the wife and I test drove a 2014 escape yesterday and despite the fact that I'm not a fan of fords in general, we were both impressed with how it drove. it had the 2.0t, so it had all the power (ALL THE POWER!! lol), but it wasn't very comfortable for the wife. her problems were the seats had too firm bolsters and there wasn't enough hip room. This was a lower end model with the cloth seats, would the higher end seats be any more comfortable? does the refreshed model have any more hip room?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My first 3g Escape was a 2014 SE with the 2.0L turbo and had it for two years/24K miles with no issues. My wife was sad to see it go after I traded it for a 2016 Edge SE. We both loved that Escape and it had the cloth seats. Very comfortable for cruising. Moving forward just picked up my latest 3g Escape two months ago and its a 2019 fully loaded Titanium. Normally do not care about getting leather and nav but the deal was so good it did not bother me. Its a bit different than the 2014 but love the ride and the power with the 2.0L turbo. This one is a keeper.

DSCN0954.JPG

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand it's subjective, but there are often changes to the seats when cars are refreshed, and also often differences in foam quality/thickness between levels of seats.

·
Super Moderator
5,874 Posts
Hello, so the wife and I test drove a 2014 escape yesterday and despite the fact that I'm not a fan of fords in general, we were both impressed with how it drove. it had the 2.0t, so it had all the power (ALL THE POWER!! lol), but it wasn't very comfortable for the wife. her problems were the seats had too firm bolsters and there wasn't enough hip room. This was a lower end model with the cloth seats, would the higher end seats be any more comfortable? does the refreshed model have any more hip room?
Your best bet would be to go to a dealer and try our tie seats yourself to determine if they are not comfortable. You could try their new and used lots to see if you and your wife notice a difference

·
Registered
306 Posts
I understand it's subjective, but there are often changes to the seats when cars are refreshed, and also often differences in foam quality/thickness between levels of seats.
I had a 2020 Escape for s day and it does have slightly more hip room.

10-4 on see a Ford dealer to compare seats. Most will have some used ones as well with cloth or leather seats. The leathers are power 8-way with pneumatic lumbar support. All have tilt/telescoping steering column; adjustable pedals are not available.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm 6'3", my wife is almost 5'0". We have a 2014 Titanium with the leather seats. Both of us can find our 'happy place' for what it's worth. I agree though, when you're out and about, eventually, check different ones at a dealer, and even independent used car lots.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the 2015 Titanium with the Heated Leather seats. I'm not a big fan of leather seats, ...> BUT... the driver AND the passenger seats are both multi-position electric seats with Lumbar support in each. Quite adjustable and really quite comfortable. I drive long distances often and I find these seats are comfortable enough when you get out of the car, you don't feel beat-up by them. The overall ride of this SUV is clean and smooth. I have 18" rims on this car because there is very little choice of tires for the 19" rims. Much improved handling with the 18's also. The 19's were very sensitive to steering because there is so little rubber between the rim and the road. BTW... I love the 2.0 Turbo in this car. I do drive often in sport mode in cities. Much more responsive to changes in traffic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts