2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 Escape SE 1.6 FWD

There is a slight slip/hesitation once third gear is engaged. Video available if you PM me.

The issue happen a few weeks after my transmission was serviced, the oil cooler on the transmission was changed because it was leaking and ford flushed the transmission.

The slip/hesitation does not happen when the transmission is cold.
No codes appear when connected to the computer.

Should I be concerned? or just drive and monitor if it gets worse?
I suspect a solenoid has debris in it and is causing the slip/hesitation, has anyone else experienced this issue?
Any ideas of root cause?

Thanks,

DC

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
First of all, I'm by no means a mechanic, just a retired farmer.
I certainly hope you don't have a bad transmission issue.

It seems that I've read somewhere that your transmission should not be "flushed" but rather have the fluid "exchanged". The difference being that flushing uses pressure and that pressure can force small bits of debris into the tiny place in side the transmission.

IMHO It's better to remove the drain plug and measure how much fluid comes out, then replace that same amount (about 1 gallon) and drive it a mile or two using all of the gears and repeat 2 or 3 times. This should exchange about 75% of the fluid. :)
I'm sure others with more knowledge will comment.

https://www.fordescape.org/forum/fo.../112850-transmission-fluid-change-amount.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MoneyPit, confirmed on my invoice, Ford completed a transmission flush after replacing the transmission cooler.

Maybe a simple drain and refill might clear up any debris.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2013 Escape SE 1.6 FWD

There is a slight slip/hesitation once third gear is engaged. Video available if you PM me.

The issue happen a few weeks after my transmission was serviced, the oil cooler on the transmission was changed because it was leaking and ford flushed the transmission.

The slip/hesitation does not happen when the transmission is cold.
No codes appear when connected to the computer.

Should I be concerned? or just drive and monitor if it gets worse?
I suspect a solenoid has debris in it and is causing the slip/hesitation, has anyone else experienced this issue?
Any ideas of root cause?

Thanks,

DC
Good morning, I know this issue is old, but I ask you, could you solve it? has the video to go through and compare, I am experiencing the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts