2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Just thought I'd start a thread to share aftermarket wheel and tire combinations as it seems this information is still pretty limited for 4th gens.

I'll start!

Vehicle: 2020 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Wheels: 17x8 Motegi Racing MR147 CM7 Black +38 Offset
Tires: 235/65R17 Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail

·
Premium Member
1,492 Posts
Nice. Looks off road at the same time looks tough. I wonder how it would look like with a 1-2" drop.

Reactions: JJC_SEL

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I would like to add, near the top of this thread, the OEM specs for the gen 4.

since many of these specs are a little similar to the gen 3, many of the wheels will fit gen 3 and gen 4. The tires on the gen 4 are narrower and taller than gen 3, so while they may "fit", they are not ideal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went with a tire and wheel -1 package from the Tire Rack for a little better ride and upgrade to top rated tire in the class. Wheels are 18x8 Bremmer Kraft BR16 in matte titanium with 225/60R-18 Continental CrossContact LX25 tires. Ride is definitely improved with less road noise.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello!

Just thought I'd start a thread to share aftermarket wheel and tire combinations as it seems this information is still pretty limited for 4th gens.

I'll start!

View attachment 78419
I'm curious why you went with 17" and not 18 or 19. My Titanium has 19" and handles like a sports car.... I have checked into aftermarket wheel tire combinations but in 19" combos....

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm curious why you went with 17" and not 18 or 19. My Titanium has 19" and handles like a sports car.... I have checked into aftermarket wheel tire combinations but in 19" combos....
Just a thought, I have a sports car and my Titanium with it's 19" tires and wheels definitely did not handle like a sports car. By the way, Go Buckeyes!

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
370 Posts
I'm curious why you went with 17"...
Some have an aesthetic preference for "big rubber" (he went oversize, too) others for "big wheels." None of them can make the Escape a sports car... a sport sedan with ground clearance perhaps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok, It's your vehicle.... All I know is when i put it in Sport mode, the suspension stiffens and it accelerates like a sports car and takes turns very sharp. I have owned a corvette, a mustang, and a ford focus. All three of those vehicles had one thing in common, they all handled well and took turns sharply and accelerated quickly and the Titanium Escape in sport mode does that too and I'm sure it's part due to the tire/wheel combo. Your Escape looks good, mean, and fun, enjoy it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello!

I'll start!

View attachment 78419
Are your tires flush with the top of the fender? Mine are too far in, trying to find a 17in wheel that will go with my A/T’s I have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks great. Wanted to do the same for our 2018 C-Max but wheel well clearance was tight (considering snowpack). So, we ordered a 2021 Escape Hybrid SEL with 18"s. If we decide on a set of snows, they'll be 17's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello!

I'll start!

View attachment 78419
Can you take a down the door shot to see what the offset looks like please!!

·
Registered
2020 SE Sport Hybrid
2 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts