2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be useful for anyone looking to change their rear differential oil. What I found very interesting was that when the oil was released from the housing it was gray in color due to the "break in" process of the differential (according to the FordTechMarkuloco. He suggested servicing the fluid first at 30,000 miles because of this, 60,000 miles after, and every 60,000 miles after that. Very interesting stuff and a lot simpler to do compared to the 3G Ford Escape.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The rear differential was one of the first things I looked at before buying my 2020. thanks for the post. Hope he does a transmission service on a 2020 soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That was my escape. It is rapidly becoming a celebrity, lol. I was worried about break in debris so I had him service the PTU and transmission as well. If you’re in the Chicagoland area I highly recommend you use his shop. I want to have him change the orange coolant out to the new yellow next as it offers better protection. He did a coolant video not too long ago that was very informative.

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was my escape. It is rapidly becoming a celebrity, lol.
I want to hang out with you so I get free french fries at McDonald's.

Seriously though, it was a very good and informative video. So his shop is in the Chicago area? I should message him and go visit one of these days if he doesn't mind.

·
Registered
25 Posts
He’s on the very outskirts of the Chicagoland area in Yorkville IL. I would definitely get in touch with him if you need work done. It would be worth the drive. He gets people coming from all over.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
i find that guy annoying and refuse to click any of his vids.
good to know that the 4th gen is easier than the 3rd

·
Premium Member
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i find that guy annoying and refuse to click any of his vids.
good to know that the 4th gen is easier than the 3rd
Haha...Every person to their own I guess. I find him informative and on point....though I can see why some might find him annoying and a bit of a know-it-all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts