2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
12/14 order at dealer
12/16 email confirmation of order from Ford
(12/20 I call dealer to change my order from SEL to Titanium)
1/13 scheduled into production (for 3/14)
1/19 - 5/9 multiple schedule slips
5/25 - built confirmation email
Another data point for the ordering process.

3/30/2022: Submitted my order for a 2022 Escape Plug-in Hybrid Titanium (black) online by saving my custom online build to a .pdf and emailing it to the local dealer. Was told by the local dealer that April 1, 2022 was the deadline Ford set for ordering a 2022 Escape Plug-in. Wonder if that deadline was from Ford or the dealer wanting to make a month-end quota.

4/7/2022: Received an email from Ford confirming my order. To authenticate, email was from: "Ford Motor Company <[email protected]-ford.com>".

5/7/2022: Received an email from the local dealer stating: "Wanted to get in touch and let you know that your order has not been picked up by ford yet. I will keep and eye out and let you know when that changes."

5/29/2022: Based on a few very helpful posts from anthonydv07, I'll set my expectations for a six month wait from the order date to the drive-off-the-dealer-lot date. I did asked the local dealer what if supply chain issues persist and my Escape PHEV can't be built within the 2022 model year. A reasonable reply from the General Manager: "Well, if, if that happens, we'll email you to see if you still want to keep your order active and if you'd like to make any changes to your order".

I look forward to posting any updates I receive from Ford.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I saw 4/1 as the PHEV cutoff date for ordering in multiple places, so it's not your dealer blowing smoke at you. I ordered mine 3/25 and I'm in the same boat. Confirmation of order email from Ford, but no VIN# or build date yet. Time estimates for builds are a crap shoot right now. Hurry up and wait.
VROD2003 and Ron Swanson, thanks for the info. Sales guy at the dealer emailed again today to let me know he has heard nothing on my Escape Plug-in being scheduled yet.

Golluk, which trim level of the Escape Plug-in did you order? I'm wondering if the delays are isolated to the Titanium trim level of the Escape PHEV. Good info, btw, thank you! Every data point helps all of us!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Atlus Blue Titanium PHEV, with PP and tow. No moonroof, which wouldn't surprise me if that's one component giving them supply issues.
My order: Titanium PHEV, no premium package (PP), no towing package and no moonroof. I just looked at my order sheet from the dealer an noticed... "Type: Retail", "Priority Code: 19".
Have to wonder what a Priority Code of 19 means. Oh darn... just found the Priority Code meaning... and I don't like the answer. 19 is the lowest priority.

The source page: mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/help-what-do-these-priority-code-and-order-code-mean.2282/#:~:text=Your%20Priority%20Code%20is%20the,be%20scheduled%20for%20production%20faster.

The Priority Code explanation:

"Your Priority Code is the Ford code that the dealer assigns - Retail Orders are rated at 10 to 19 and anything over 19 is consider a dealer stock unit. The lower the number the best - yours is 19, I suggest you ask your dealer to change it to 10, you will be scheduled for production faster.

The Order Code is your Build Number - When your dealer or you refers to the your build - you use the Order Code. When you get your build scheduled for production - then the Ford Tracking website will need both the Order Code (Build Number) and the issued Vehicle Vin Number."

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would kindly ask dealer to change the order code at this point especially if you see other users with a later request date getting build dates
anthonydv07, good suggestion and I did just that. The sales guy I've been working with at my local dealer said my order is listed as a having a Priority Code of 12. I do not know when the priority code on my order was changed from 19 to 12. I did ask when the dealer would be elevating the priority code of my order from 12 to 10. No reply yet from the sales guy. Probably didn't score any points with that request.

Anyone know if the Louisville, KY plant is back online? (https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/2022-ford-escape-edge-production-sidelined-this-week/). Also, don't these plants cutover to the new model year in July?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ford tracking website finally updated… I think I’ll hear it from the dealer first at this point in time.. I know some people are able to track the shipment using codes on the window sticker.. any insight ?

View attachment 81587
One step closer!

A few resources to try for tracking your vehicle in transit:
https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/tracking-your-tremor-in-transit.3056/

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

An explanation of the tracking website above:
Ford Retail Order Tracking Website Announcement

I have no idea if any of these links work since I don't even have a build date yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
April 1, 2022: Ford Program Headquarters via email confirms "Claim Status - APPROVED" and "Order Verification Status: APPROVED"

July 1, 2022: Still no VIN

July 2, 2022: I received an email update from Ford (attached): We have no status update, but we'll email you every 45 days.

Production on the 2023 Ford Escape starts November 1, 2022. https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/2023-ford-escape-order-banks-will-open-in-september/

Ford has 4 months to build all 2022 Ford Escapes. After waiting 3 months for a VIN, I have no confidence I'll take delivery on a 2022 Ford Escape.

The 2023 Ford Escape, in my opinion, just doesn't look good at all. Pass. https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/refreshed-2023-ford-escape-caught-completely-uncovered/

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also got that email, copied below. Really frustrating. Ordered on April 6th and hadn't heard anything for 3 months until July 1st. No VIN yet either. I'm willing to wait 6 months but I'm not really sure its going to happen. Dealership estimated in April 3-4 months, but I'm not so sure they had strong evidence to back that estimate up.

View attachment 81726
It is interesting that you ordered an SE, I ordered a Titanium, we ordered within a week of each other and both of our PHEV orders have yet to receive a VIN. I also think TxTom is right - being assigned a VIN means your Escape has been scheduled for production. At least "scheduled" is the term my sales guy uses when he calls every month or so to let me know he has no updates. Not his fault and at least he's trying to keep me updated and keep me as a potential future customer. A 2022 would have been nice and at this point I'm trying to get comfortable with taking delivery on a 2023.

If I receive two more "No idea when" letters from Ford, I'm at October 1st and a third letter puts me well into the 2023 production window that starts November 1st. Good thing my current car is running well.

The chip shortage only lasts until rising interest rates and the looming recession create sufficient demand destruction. That's having to work really hard to come up with a bright side to all this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
June 1, 2022:
Ford CEO Jim Farley Indirectly Says Ford Escape Facing Cancellation

"And we’re going to have passion brands; we’re not going to have commodity products like Edges and Escapes"

June 14, 2022:
Ford Production To Be Scaled Back At Four U.S. Assembly Plants

"FoMoCo currently has over 50,000 vehicles sitting around awaiting chips."

July 5, 2022:
2022 Model Year Escape PHEV - Important Retail Order Bank Update

"final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year Escape PHEV is July 12, 2022."

I sincerely regret having searched for recent Ford Escape production stories this evening.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts