2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
VROD2003 and Ron Swanson, thanks for the info. Sales guy at the dealer emailed again today to let me know he has heard nothing on my Escape Plug-in being scheduled yet.

Golluk, which trim level of the Escape Plug-in did you order? I'm wondering if the delays are isolated to the Titanium trim level of the Escape PHEV. Good info, btw, thank you! Every data point helps all of us!
Atlus Blue Titanium PHEV, with PP and tow. No moonroof, which wouldn't surprise me if that's one component giving them supply issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Atlus Blue Titanium PHEV, with PP and tow. No moonroof, which wouldn't surprise me if that's one component giving them supply issues.
My order: Titanium PHEV, no premium package (PP), no towing package and no moonroof. I just looked at my order sheet from the dealer an noticed... "Type: Retail", "Priority Code: 19".
Have to wonder what a Priority Code of 19 means. Oh darn... just found the Priority Code meaning... and I don't like the answer. 19 is the lowest priority.

The source page: mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/help-what-do-these-priority-code-and-order-code-mean.2282/#:~:text=Your%20Priority%20Code%20is%20the,be%20scheduled%20for%20production%20faster.

The Priority Code explanation:

"Your Priority Code is the Ford code that the dealer assigns - Retail Orders are rated at 10 to 19 and anything over 19 is consider a dealer stock unit. The lower the number the best - yours is 19, I suggest you ask your dealer to change it to 10, you will be scheduled for production faster.

The Order Code is your Build Number - When your dealer or you refers to the your build - you use the Order Code. When you get your build scheduled for production - then the Ford Tracking website will need both the Order Code (Build Number) and the issued Vehicle Vin Number."

·
Registered
4 Posts
My order: Titanium PHEV, no premium package (PP), no towing package and no moonroof. I just looked at my order sheet from the dealer an noticed... "Type: Retail", "Priority Code: 19".
Have to wonder what a Priority Code of 19 means. Oh darn... just found the Priority Code meaning... and I don't like the answer. 19 is the lowest priority.

The source page: mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/help-what-do-these-priority-code-and-order-code-mean.2282/#:~:text=Your%20Priority%20Code%20is%20the,be%20scheduled%20for%20production%20faster.

"Your Priority Code is the Ford code that the dealer assigns - Retail Orders are rated at 10 to 19 and anything over 19 is consider a dealer stock unit. The lower the number the best - yours is 19, I suggest you ask your dealer to change it to 10, you will be scheduled for production faster.

The Order Code is your Build Number - When your dealer or you refers to the your build - you use the Order Code. When you get your build scheduled for production - then the Ford Tracking website will need both the Order Code (Build Number) and the issued Vehicle Vin Number."
I'm with you there at 19 for my March order.

Order codes 10 to 19 are set by the dealer. Many dealers will keep all of their orders the same (either all 19 or all 10). It only matters for you if another order in the same dealer has a higher priority. Anything under 10 is set by Ford corporate/region. Priority 2 means they are previewing your order for possible scheduling by the factory.

It's sometimes hard to get confirmation of what your current order code is. Your dealer can tell you, or you can try to chat with ford.com customer service. I check every once in a while to see if there is some movement.

Happy waiting.

·
Registered
2022 Titanium PHEV, Agate Black Metallic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

I would kindly ask dealer to change the order code at this point especially if you see other users with a later request date getting build dates

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would kindly ask dealer to change the order code at this point especially if you see other users with a later request date getting build dates
anthonydv07, good suggestion and I did just that. The sales guy I've been working with at my local dealer said my order is listed as a having a Priority Code of 12. I do not know when the priority code on my order was changed from 19 to 12. I did ask when the dealer would be elevating the priority code of my order from 12 to 10. No reply yet from the sales guy. Probably didn't score any points with that request.

Anyone know if the Louisville, KY plant is back online? (https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/2022-ford-escape-edge-production-sidelined-this-week/). Also, don't these plants cutover to the new model year in July?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Plant will be shut down for the annual shut down stuff the weeks of July 4 and July 11. Maybe that will help store up some needed production parts for smoother operation thereafter?

·
Registered
15 Posts
We just received a call from our dealer that they got a 2022 Ford Escape Titanium PHEV that we could see and take a test drive. It was great to see what we have ordered in person and drive it. Still waiting for ours to come in (5 months).
This one had 47 miles on it and had been used by a previous dealership, who took the tax credit. It was good the dealership called and let us know it was there. We’ll just keep waiting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
We just received a call from our dealer that they got a 2022 Ford Escape Titanium PHEV that we could see and take a test drive. It was great to see what we have ordered in person and drive it. Still waiting for ours to come in (5 months).
This one had 47 miles on it and had been used by a previous dealership, who took the tax credit. It was good the dealership called and let us know it was there. We’ll just keep waiting.
Have you tried driving the regular hybrid to compare the two? I was only able to test drive a Hybrid before ordering the PHEV. I'm hoping it's close enough.

I'm really curious how much that extra 20hp of electric translates too. I found in city street driving, I only had to be a bit more gentle than usual to keep the ICE from kicking in. I'm less confident on it getting onto highways under pure electric though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Have you tried driving the regular hybrid to compare the two? I was only able to test drive a Hybrid before ordering the PHEV. I'm hoping it's close enough.
same only able to test drive a regular hybrid which was good enough for me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Ford tracking website finally updated… I think I’ll hear it from the dealer first at this point in time.. I know some people are able to track the shipment using codes on the window sticker.. any insight ?

Font Screenshot Circle Number

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ford tracking website finally updated… I think I’ll hear it from the dealer first at this point in time.. I know some people are able to track the shipment using codes on the window sticker.. any insight ?

View attachment 81587
One step closer!

A few resources to try for tracking your vehicle in transit:
https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/tracking-your-tremor-in-transit.3056/

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

An explanation of the tracking website above:
Ford Retail Order Tracking Website Announcement

I have no idea if any of these links work since I don't even have a build date yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
One step closer!

A few resources to try for tracking your vehicle in transit:
https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/tracking-your-tremor-in-transit.3056/

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

An explanation of the tracking website above:
Ford Retail Order Tracking Website Announcement

I have no idea if any of these links work since I don't even have a build date yet.

can't get it to work for me using the instructions. No matter how many times I say "NB" + rail car number the voice system registers it as "MB". oh well.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I'm really curious how much that extra 20hp of electric translates too. I found in city street driving, I only had to be a bit more gentle than usual to keep the ICE from kicking in. I'm less confident on it getting onto highways under pure electric though.
I never tried the hybrid because I was only interested in the PHEV so I can’t compare. You may get on the PHEV getting on the freeway and the engine may kick in, but if you level off to @70mph it should go on just electric. It will cut down on miles on electric at that speed though. You can delay using the electric until later lower speeds as an alternative for better efficiency.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Highways around my part are pretty slow, only 62 mph (100km/h). 68-70 to keep with flow of traffic. My most common commute would only have me getting on once, and for about 12 miles at that speed. Total round trip is 38 miles, so it'd be tight, but I think doable on just electric. But I'd be fine running the ice for 5 minutes getting on the highway each time. Keep the gas somewhat fresh at least.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a '21 Plug-In Hybrid Titanium and a '22 Hybrid SE Sport Option. IMO the Plug-In rides better and is quieter; it has 18" Michelins. The '22 Hybrid has 19" Bridgestones. Can't really tell the 20 HP difference, would need a timed acceleration event I guess. On either one, if you want the feel of power, use the Sport Mode. Both feel very "quick" in that mode versus the other modes. Hardly ever need to use the Sport mode so don't know if mileage is impacted much. Mileage from new: Plug-In (3,003 miles), 213.3 MPG, 2,629 of which electric miles. Latest charge shows 44 mile all electric range. Hybrid (2,902 miles), 43.8 MPG, 1,224 of which electric miles. Bought the Plug-In in September '21 and the Hybrid in January '22. I like the Plug-In Titanium so well I have another one on order. Can probably trade the Hybrid for more than what I paid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to add more data.

I placed my initial order on Sat May 21st. Received email confirmation the same day.
We added a few features on Tuesday the 24th.
No updates since then. Not expecting much for a while.

Order is a Rapid Red Titanium PHEV with the Premium Package, Tow, Pano Roof, Mini Spare, and Cargo Mat.
Pretty sure being so loaded will hurt my odds of it coming anytime soo. But thought I would add some info for this thread. I will update as updates come in.

I have asked about my priority code but haven't heard back yet.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts