2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just saw this over at blue oval - looks like some orders will not receive the hands free lift gate. I didn't get the Technology package on my SEL, so no change for me, but I think this was previously standard on the Titanium

·
Registered
2022 Titanium PHEV, Agate Black Metallic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Just saw this over at blue oval - looks like some orders will not receive the hands free lift gate. I didn't get the Technology package on my SEL, so no change for me, but I think this was previously standard on the Titanium

I understand the reason why but while the part may cost $55, its one of the selling points on the titanium that's worth more than a mere $55..

·
Registered
135 Posts

Not a big loss. I've had mine accidentally come down on my head twice and would be happy to remove it. It's not like a garage door. It doesn't bounce back up when it comes in contact with something. It keeps closing. Someday a little kid is going to get injured or worse in one of those and only then will there be a design change. Well, with the way the gov't works, multiple little kids.

Reactions: sb1

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Where did you see this, if not in an email?
I was about to ask the same question.
I periodically check the Ford tracking website for updates and saw that it was in final prep today. I called the dealer and they confirmed that it arrived this morning and going through PDI. Will be ready for pickup sometime tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I periodically check the Ford tracking website for updates and saw that it was in final prep today. I called the dealer and they confirmed that it arrived this morning and going through PDI. Will be ready for pickup sometime tomorrow.
Would you please post the link for this tracking website? I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
Thanks again. Now of only I had a VIN#. It’s only been six months now. Good luck with your new car. I know you have waited a long time too.
I couldn't wait and went to the dealer to see if I could see my car, was still in PDI but did see another fully loaded Titanium PHEV on the lot, looked amazing in carbonized gray. Actually all the new cars on the lot were sold, a bunch of Mach-Es on hold due to the battery terminal recall. I told the sales guy in passing that some people are still waiting for VINs, that's when he told me that all customer orders are processed by the "Ford Customer Order Verification program" where they check the customer ID and signed order form to make sure its legit. I remember providing my ID and signing the deposit agreement but didn't realize there was such a program. Apparently this is how customer orders become confirmed and get priority. I looked it up online and found some more info if anyone wants to read up on it. If you still don't have a confirmation or build date I would check with the dealer to see if they submitted the order though the Ford Customer Order Verification program.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Thanks everyone! The pictures don’t do it justice, the headlights look super sharp, the sandstone interior contrast looks a lot better than expected, the performance on EV mode felt stronger than the regular hybrid I test drove. The digital dash looks very sharp as well. Just overall great first impressions.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts