2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Congratulations! Had mine almost a month. Like it a lot. Interesting comparing with 3G and even 20/21s.

Reactions: anthonydv07

·
Registered
2022 Titanium PHEV, Agate Black Metallic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
In case if anyone cares about the price breakdown:

MRSP $42,400 (Window Sticker)

My price:
X-Plan $40,500
  • $1,000 special order rebate (point of sale)
  • $683 CA PHEV rebate (point of sale)
= $38,817 purchase price (before tax, license, registration, fees)
financed using ford credit at 1.9% 60 months (best interest rate at this time)
- $6,843 (Federal tax credit next year)
= $31,974 Total cost (before tax, license, registration, fees, interest)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just saw this over at blue oval - looks like some orders will not receive the hands free lift gate. I didn't get the Technology package on my SEL, so no change for me, but I think this was previously standard on the Titanium

This explains why the SEL PHEV with tech package I picked up yesterday (ordered in January) doesn't have that feature, despite it being listed on all my paperwork. Of course dealer didn't tell me (or provide $54 credit), so I stood around in my parking garage kicking under the back bumper and looking like a fool for 10 minutes before I gave up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You should be able to look under and see if the sensor is there. It should be a black tube about the size of a straw with some wires going out to a plug.

It's supposed to be on the window sticker if they removed it. I'd argue with the dealer for them to add it under warranty. Or at least get the 55 bucks if you don't care about the feature.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You should be able to look under and see if the sensor is there. It should be a black tube about the size of a straw with some wires going out to a plug.

It's supposed to be on the window sticker if they removed it. I'd argue with the dealer for them to add it under warranty. Or at least get the 55 bucks if you don't care about the feature.
Now I read that they are also deleting the WIFI feature! Any money back for that deletion like the $55 reduction for no Hands Free Liftgate?

·
Registered
18 Posts
April 1, 2022: Ford Program Headquarters via email confirms "Claim Status - APPROVED" and "Order Verification Status: APPROVED"

July 1, 2022: Still no VIN

July 2, 2022: I received an email update from Ford (attached): We have no status update, but we'll email you every 45 days.

Production on the 2023 Ford Escape starts November 1, 2022. https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/2023-ford-escape-order-banks-will-open-in-september/

Ford has 4 months to build all 2022 Ford Escapes. After waiting 3 months for a VIN, I have no confidence I'll take delivery on a 2022 Ford Escape.

The 2023 Ford Escape, in my opinion, just doesn't look good at all. Pass. https://fordauthority.com/2022/06/refreshed-2023-ford-escape-caught-completely-uncovered/

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also got that email, copied below. Really frustrating. Ordered on April 6th and hadn't heard anything for 3 months until July 1st. No VIN yet either. I'm willing to wait 6 months but I'm not really sure its going to happen. Dealership estimated in April 3-4 months, but I'm not so sure they had strong evidence to back that estimate up.

Font Number Screenshot

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also got that email, copied below. Really frustrating. Ordered on April 6th and hadn't heard anything for 3 months until July 1st. No VIN yet either. I'm willing to wait 6 months but I'm not really sure its going to happen. Dealership estimated in April 3-4 months, but I'm not so sure they had strong evidence to back that estimate up.

View attachment 81726
It is interesting that you ordered an SE, I ordered a Titanium, we ordered within a week of each other and both of our PHEV orders have yet to receive a VIN. I also think TxTom is right - being assigned a VIN means your Escape has been scheduled for production. At least "scheduled" is the term my sales guy uses when he calls every month or so to let me know he has no updates. Not his fault and at least he's trying to keep me updated and keep me as a potential future customer. A 2022 would have been nice and at this point I'm trying to get comfortable with taking delivery on a 2023.

If I receive two more "No idea when" letters from Ford, I'm at October 1st and a third letter puts me well into the 2023 production window that starts November 1st. Good thing my current car is running well.

The chip shortage only lasts until rising interest rates and the looming recession create sufficient demand destruction. That's having to work really hard to come up with a bright side to all this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
June 1, 2022:
Ford CEO Jim Farley Indirectly Says Ford Escape Facing Cancellation

"And we’re going to have passion brands; we’re not going to have commodity products like Edges and Escapes"

June 14, 2022:
Ford Production To Be Scaled Back At Four U.S. Assembly Plants

"FoMoCo currently has over 50,000 vehicles sitting around awaiting chips."

July 5, 2022:
2022 Model Year Escape PHEV - Important Retail Order Bank Update

"final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year Escape PHEV is July 12, 2022."

I sincerely regret having searched for recent Ford Escape production stories this evening.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
6,184 Posts
June 1, 2022:
Ford CEO Jim Farley Indirectly Says Ford Escape Facing Cancellation

"And we’re going to have passion brands; we’re not going to have commodity products like Edges and Escapes"

June 14, 2022:
Ford Production To Be Scaled Back At Four U.S. Assembly Plants

"FoMoCo currently has over 50,000 vehicles sitting around awaiting chips."

July 5, 2022:

"final day to submit new customer retail orders for 2022 Model Year Escape PHEV is July 12, 2022."

I sincerely regret having searched for recent Ford Escape production stories this evening.
None of it is surprising at all, considering the chip shortages. There is a thread here already that discusses the first news article you provided.

·
Registered
9 Posts
July 5, 2022:

I actually take some hope in the fact that Ford was continuing to take PHEV orders this far into 2022. I have another order for a Maverick hybrid, and those order banks closed back in November. The Maverick order is now likely to roll into 2023, but I'm more hopeful that the Escape PHEV order will still get produced in 2022. Just hoping they don't take away many more features by the time they make it...

81 - 99 of 99 Posts