2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5 years ago this month we brought home our new 2013 FE. Here's a summary of how it's gone so far:

~77,000 miles on the odometer (9 road trips ranging from 1800 to 4800 miles)

25.7 lifetime MPG (total miles driven/total gallons fuel purchased) 87 octane fuel except in the Rocky Mountains filled up with 85 octane a few times

Used the dealer for 8 oil changes (semi synthetic oil), tire rotations and vehicle inspections. I use the OLM not to exceed 10,000 miles (the OLM has never indicated)

New tires Dec, 2015 @51,000. Some tread life remained but winter was on it's way.

New Battery March 2017. OE battery lasted 4 yrs 5 mos.

Original brakes and the last inspection box checked good but no brake lining measurement given

About $575 spent on oil changes, tire rotations, wiper blades, filter replacements, etc

5 recalls completed: 14s03 door handle inspection, 14s04 RCM reprogram, 14s17 engine wire splice, 14s21 RCM and 16s30 Door Latches

2 warranty repairs: hard transmission clunk during downshifting when passing another vehicle. TSB 03-14 corrected the problem. And a brake fluid leak. Dealer replaced a brake caliper and hose.

Windshield replaced (stone damage)

Crunched driver's side door while the FE was parked (some low life didn't leave a name or phone number - so I had to pay the deductible).

Overall we're happy with the FE's reliability and performance

·
Registered
875 Posts
That's the 2.0EB I guess?

Enviado desde mi LG-H520 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thank you for the update.
I had a 2002 Escape I bought in 2008. Guy I worked with brought his wife's new 2010 Escape to work and he liked it. I went and was going to get rid of my 02' I purchased and get a new 2010. Couldn't get the deal I wanted so I kept my 2002. I retired, ran into my buddy last year right after I bought mine and he seen it. I asked him about his wife's 2010 if she still has said she had to get rid of it and it was nothing but problems. The AC compressor locked up 2 times, that 4 cylinder in the old escapes he said was nothing but problems. Was glad I never got it. Glad I have the 3rd Generation Escape. Much nicer than the boxy 2nd generation that had tons of buttons for the radio and climate control.... Thanks for the update. My 2002 never gave me 1 bit of trouble when I had it. That's why I went with another Escape.

·
Registered
875 Posts
No need to guess. The answer to your question (2.0L) is in my Signature.
Thanks, reading in tapatalk, I can not see signatures.:)

Enviado desde mi LG-H520 mediante Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Thanks for the detailed history! I'm the second owner, and have only had my '14 for six months. It's good to see they are holding up well. :)

No need to guess. The answer to your question (2.0L) is in my Signature.
Unfortunately signatures aren't visible on Tapatalk or the mobile browser. Most of the time I check this forum is on my phone, and I can only guess when it's not written in the post. Kind of an inconvenient thing, hope they fix that soon!

·
Registered
41 Posts
My main concern with the FE is the small engine. I try not to Jack Rabbit Start. Has anyone had any unusual problems with the engine?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Our 2013 Escape, bought February 2013, now has 211000 kms (131000 miles), has had regular oil changes at the dealer, original battery, original brakes. Changed transmission fluid.
On 3 set of tires now.
Only warranty item was an oil leak at front left axle seal.

Very pleased with the car, hope our 2017 does as well!0:)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Our 2013 Escape, bought February 2013, now has 211000 kms (131000 miles), has had regular oil changes at the dealer, original battery, original brakes. Changed transmission fluid.
On 3 set of tires now.
Only warranty item was an oil leak at front left axle seal.

Very pleased with the car, hope our 2017 does as well!0:)
Very nice.

Personally, I would be considering a "preventive maintenance" operation of changing out the battery before it fails. You're getting out on the tail of the bell curve for battery life at this point, though getting further is not unheard of. Still, this might be a good time to act to prevent being "left in the lurch" as they say.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Very nice.

Personally, I would be considering a "preventive maintenance" operation of changing out the battery before it fails. You're getting out on the tail of the bell curve for battery life at this point, though getting further is not unheard of. Still, this might be a good time to act to prevent being "left in the lurch" as they say.
Funny you mention the battery, I was just pricing a replacement on the weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts