2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
KY.BORN
Could you tell me exactly how you got the air intake tube out of the battery box?

The air intake tube from the Air Filter Box... It has a rubber type band around it, remove that band and the other end just inserts into the Air Filter Box, just pull it out .. Then you have access to the vent filler cap...I have pictures somewhere in this or a similar thread here....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Okay. Now, do you pull it from the outside or do you pull it out from inside of the box? There are some ribs on the inside end, holding it in place. I could not get it to budge going either way. I had the rubber strap/band loosened.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just wrap you hand around the tube, and pull slightly out and upward toward you..you might have to wiggle it a bit...You'll notice there's a tab on the end of the tube that fits into the air box when you are replacing it...

·
Registered
282 Posts
So, you take hold of the long end on the outside of the box and coax it out? I’m going to have the dealership put in the new box. If they break it, they buy a new one. The reason I’m asking is, I may attempt another drain and fill at 60,000 miles. I really like doing my own maintenance. One thing I discovered was that the transmission shifts better, especially the downshifts. I didn’t measure what came out but, it looked a little shy of 4 1/2 Qt. I put 4 1/2 Qt. back in and drove it to get it hot. I checked the level after the fill and it was spot on.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Can we please move this thread back on topic, this thread has nothing to do with the air intake tube.
If you have to remove the intake to get to the fill port of the transmission, I’d say it’s related.

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
If you have to remove the intake to get to the fill port of the transmission, I’d say it’s related.

The topic of this thread is not how to access the fill port. It is how to access the level port. Here is a quote from one of your posts near the start of this thread. The level plug is no where near the air intake. I’m sure there is another thread around that discusses the fill port. If not, then one can be created.

The level plug is on the drivers side right above where the drain plug is. Its about 4 - 6 inches up the side right next to the axle shaft. Both the drain bolt and level bolt are pretty small

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi everyone,

Recently just purchased a 14’ escape titanium. Decided to do a trans drain and fill as I had a rough shift from 2-3 (has been resolved since fluid change btw) but I ran into an issue. While trying to check my trans fluid, I can’t find the leveling plug to save my life. In the videos I’ve seen on YouTube, they’ve been near the axle but I didn’t see anything even remotely close..... and I know the escapes use the same transmission but is something different in the casing from AWD and FWD?

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
Hi everyone,

Recently just purchased a 14’ escape titanium. Decided to do a trans drain and fill as I had a rough shift from 2-3 (has been resolved since fluid change btw) but I ran into an issue. While trying to check my trans fluid, I can’t find the leveling plug to save my life. In the videos I’ve seen on YouTube, they’ve been near the axle but I didn’t see anything even remotely close..... and I know the escapes use the same transmission but is something different in the casing from AWD and FWD?
I merged your thread with this existing thread. There are other threads if you do a search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You fill it from the top, from the engine compartment. The plug you are referring to on the side of the tranny is the plug to check the level of the fluid. So you are dealing with 3 holes :eek:, drain, fill and fluid level check. Hmmm, I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.

I'm going to make a video of this sometime this spring.
I see no such level check plug on my transmission (Escape 2015 2.0 ecoboost); I've inspected the entire case - no level plug as you described.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The level plug is on the drivers side near the CV axle where it enters the transmission..Its a 10 mm hex or Allen socket....Check it when engine is warm, drive a while, and level to ground... Once you know the proper level, you can just drain and measure the next time for exact amount..I drain when cold over night, and then measure to refill...

·
Registered
8 Posts
The level plug is on the drivers side near the CV axle where it enters the transmission..Its a 10 mm hex or Allen socket....Check it when engine is warm, drive a while, and level to ground... Once you know the proper level, you can just drain and measure the next time for exact amount..I drain when cold over night, and then measure to refill...
I looked the transmission over thoroughly; there is no level check plug on the case - at least none with a 14 or 15mm head. There are a couple of very small plugs on the front side up high, but no larger check plug. So I drained out what I could, measured it carefully, replaced the same amount, drove it five miles, drained it again, measured and replaced as above. Hopefully, that will handle it. Is there a special tool dealers use to check that fluid level? Someone mentioned an electronic check of some sort.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I see no such level check plug on my transmission (Escape 2015 2.0 ecoboost); I've inspected the entire case - no level plug as you described.
It’s there. Google “6F35 level plug” and then select images. Lots of pictures online in various locations. I pulled this picture off the internet

533C14F1-E367-49FB-9B3C-C78283B893EC.png

·
Registered
840 Posts
I looked the transmission over thoroughly; there is no level check plug on the case - at least none with a 14 or 15mm head. There are a couple of very small plugs on the front side up high, but no larger check plug. So I drained out what I could, measured it carefully, replaced the same amount, drove it five miles, drained it again, measured and replaced as above. Hopefully, that will handle it. Is there a special tool dealers use to check that fluid level? Someone mentioned an electronic check of some sort.
Obviously your not looking in the right place... said by the CV axle where it enters the trans...a flat 10mm Allen hex plug..Check the pic. Hayai provided..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone,

I agree; I have a 2015 Escape 2.0 and my tranny has no plug anywhere near where the driver side driveshaft exits the transmission case. In fact there, isn't a single plug on that side of the tranny. All of the YouTube videos show that level plug, but it just isn't on my tranny!! What gives??!!?? I assume it's a 6F35 tranny but were they different depending on where the case components were cast?
I drained out just under four quarts, replaced it with the same amount of Mercon LV, drove it five miles, drained it again, and added exactly what I took out the second time. Without the level plug, I am just hoping that the level is correct. Anyone else encounter this same issue??

161 - 180 of 212 Posts