2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife got this message this morning, anyone get this before, and if so what was the fix? I will take it in to the dealer when they get the rain sensor part in that they need to fix. I know I can try a master reset as well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi SteveTurbo,

It looks like there may be other things going on as well since it also says ENTERTAINMENT UNAVAILABLE at the bottom. Do you know if this error went away upon the next startup? If not, I suggest having your dealer take a look at it as soon as you can get the car in. Please keep me posted!

Rebecca

·
Super Moderator
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Rebecaa she said the message went away when she came back home from work. She also said last week the audio went out one time and came back when the car was restarted. Sounds like it may be time for a master reset and I need to upgrade to the latest versions of MFT snyc from the end of last year for both my Escape and Flex. I will do that this weekend.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yes Rebecaa she said the message went away when she came back home from work. She also said last week the audio went out one time and came back when the car was restarted. Sounds like it may be time for a master reset and I need to upgrade to the latest versions of MFT snyc from the end of last year for both my Escape and Flex. I will do that this weekend.
I'm glad it went away! Please keep me posted on this.

Rebecca

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was hopeful this thread would help me solve the 911 Assist Fault & no audio on our 2013 Escape SEL - great that it self-healed for TurboSteve but unfortunately is still a problem for us. I've done a master reset. I registered in sycmyride to see if there is updates but it says our v3.5 is the latest even though several places on the web say v3.8 or even v3.10 are the latest.

Is anyone else having this problem? This problem started Feb 19, 2017 and we're planning to drive down to California from Alberta tomorrow Feb 23, 2017. So after today for the next 3 weeks I might not be able to reply to any comments - too bad we have to take a long road trip without audio. Our dealer says they cannot get to it for at least 2 days.

Travis Burney Pence started another thread here Feb 8, 2017 with the same problem but that thread was shut down because this thread has the same topic but unfortunately without any resolution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
911 Assist Fault + No Stereo - Troubleshooting

Hi,

I'm intermittently receiving a failure "911 Assist Fault - 911 Assist is currently not operation, contract dealer for service" message. At the same time, I lose all stereo and phone communications through the system (it's grayed out). Restarting the car does not fix the issue but it comes and goes over multiple power cycles. Dealer was unable to replicate and just generally unhelpful. 2014 1.6 AWD w/ Navigation Sync.

I've found some information with the exact same symptoms on the focus fanatics site. Looks like their dealer was able to diagnose as "C219 THAT SEPERATES THE I-CAN NETWORK BETWEEN ICP, APIM, AND ACM. CLEAN CONNECTOR WITH ELECTRIC CLEANER. REASSMBLE AND R/T NO U0238 CODE REPEATED." A connector issue between the ICM and APIM would make sense for both the 911 and Stereo going off at the same time.

Has anyone had the same problem on their Escape? Or does anyone with a workshop manual know where I can find the equivalent C219 connection on the Escape? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

.... Or does anyone with a workshop manual know where I can find the equivalent C219 connection on the Escape? ...
Gotta love the CDROM WSM with hyperlinked indices that make finding this stuff super easy (given the Cxxxx number) ...

C219 Location
  • passenger footwell behind/under the dash
  • vertical - approx. at the level of the bottom of the glove-box
  • horizontal - right of center of the glovebox
  • front-to-back depth - can't tell exactly from the diagram if it's against the firewall or somewhere between firewall and front of dash; looks like the latter, perhaps close to the front of the dash/lower edge of the glovebox door
C219 description
  • 4-pin inline connector w/locking tab
  • pin 1 - yellow/green stripe wire
  • pin 2 - white/red stripe
  • pin 3 - yellow/red stripe
  • pin 4 - red
Copyrighted WSM pics can't be posted here.

Hope that helps, good luck, please let us know if the contact-cleaning fixes the issue !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wonderful - thank you! I will have a look and let everyone know if cleaning the connector reduces the issues.
Edit: Looks like the equivalent connector for the Focus C219 on the Escape may be C214 (which is huge in comparison and apparently located in the centre console). Might take a bit longer to dig out.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E AWD
5,341 Posts
Edit: Looks like the equivalent connector for the Focus C219 on the Escape may be C214 (which is huge in comparison and apparently located in the centre console). Might take a bit longer to dig out.
That's a 59-pin (not all used) monster with a 'lever action locking handle' buried under the shifter mechanism and associated metal / structural plastic supports.

Best bet (IIRC) is going at it from the passenger side; you'll have to remove the entire mid-dash center trim, shifter trim/surround, top main console panel from armrest to shifter, and main console side trim on the passenger side (BTDT). < That because of the way the various trim panels overlap and interlock to each other.

Based on wiring diagrams showing that as a conduit for, among other things, speaker wiring, I once looked at that as a potential 'convenient' point for some audio mod connections. But once I located it, saw how hard to access and how little 'slack' in the harness there (multiple large harnesses and connectors all bundled together) .... well, I abandoned that idea and found a friendlier location even though it meant longer wires for my mod.

Good luck, getting to that one and accessing for cleaning is going to be 'fun' (tongue-in-cheek "fun", that).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just now got this error on my 2014 SE AWD. What's the fix? Dealer time? I bought my car used and have warranty.
FNG Here. 911 Assist Fault with no radio or sound.

I have the same issue in my 2013 Raptor. Stealership is trying to tell me I need to spend a few thousand to replace both DSPM - Digital Signaling Processing Module (under the center console) and the Central Processing Unit behind the touch screen.

Please tell me you all have found a cheaper solution. No one on FRF (Ford Raptor Forum) have any ideas.

I tried disconnecting the battery.
I tried the hard reset on the SYNC.
I'm at the current update.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FNG Here. 911 Assist Fault with no radio or sound.

I have the same issue in my 2013 Raptor. Stealership is trying to tell me I need to spend a few thousand to replace both DSPM - Digital Signaling Processing Module (under the center console) and the Central Processing Unit behind the touch screen.

Please tell me you all have found a cheaper solution. No one on FRF (Ford Raptor Forum) have any ideas.

I tried disconnecting the battery.
I tried the hard reset on the SYNC.
I'm at the current update.
Apparently this site doesn't like photos added to first postings....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apparently this site doesn't like photos added to first postings....

Thanks for all the great replies and suggestions on this! You guys ROCK!🤘🤘

In case anyone was wondering and for future problems, check your fuses. My fault was caused due to a cheap ass blown fuse.

The dealership wanted to charge me over a thousand dollars to change out both Processing Modules. I wonder if those worthless bastards knew all along it was a fuse and they were just trying to make some money...

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are times I start my 2014 Escape and a message comes on the screen that "911 assist is not operational - 911 Assist Fault" with an exclamation point in a yellow triangle. The radio does not work at this point also. Then after having the truck off for hours and I start it up everything works again. I have tried shutting down the truck and opening and closing the driver side door and then starting the truck again but that does not work...What is the fix to this? One suggestion was to update the software but I am unable to figure how to accomplish that.

·
Super Moderator
5,698 Posts
There are times I start my 2014 Escape and a message comes on the screen that "911 assist is not operational - 911 Assist Fault" with an exclamation point in a yellow triangle. The radio does not work at this point also. Then after having the truck off for hours and I start it up everything works again. I have tried shutting down the truck and opening and closing the driver side door and then starting the truck again but that does not work...What is the fix to this? One suggestion was to update the software but I am unable to figure how to accomplish that.
I merged your thread with this existing thread on the same topic. Have a look at the other threads for some help. There are also other threads if you do a quick search of the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts

• Thanks for all the great replies and suggestions on this! You guys ROCK!🤘🤘

In case anyone was wondering and for future problems, check your fuses. My fault was caused due to a cheap ass blown fuse.

The dealership wanted to charge me over a thousand dollars to change out both Processing Modules. I wonder if those worthless bastards knew all along it was a fuse and they were just trying to make some money...
    Which fuse did you find blown? Having the same trouble. Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts