2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ford Escape 2015. Just solved my issue with A/C not cold while idling works perfect while driving. Turns out my cooling fan was not working while a/c is on nor working at all. The only reason car didn’t overheat is because I don’t sit idling for long and the air flow while driving was enough to
keep engine cool and enough to keep condenser cool for. a/c. I had to replace controller connected to fan
Bosch 1137 328 567. It is visible looking at the top area of cooling fan. It has a wire connector on both sides of controller. Part is sold with the cooling fan which was expensive. I found just the part for $50 on eBay. Mine actually came out of a Ford Focus 2018. It’s a common part in newer fords. I checked under the hood fuse and relay 1st , both checked out okay. To remove part I took off left side wire connector 1st then popped out controller to make it easier to get right wire connector off. It was difficult to see clip on right side connector for me so it made it easier for me!
Good luck! Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ford Escape 2015. Just solved my issue with A/C not cold while idling works perfect while driving. Turns out my cooling fan was not working while a/c is on nor working at all. The only reason car didn’t overheat is because I don’t sit idling for long and the air flow while driving was enough to
keep engine cool and enough to keep condenser cool for. a/c. I had to replace controller connected to fan
Bosch 1137 328 567. It is visible looking at the top area of cooling fan. It has a wire connector on both sides of controller. Part is sold with the cooling fan which was expensive. I found just the part for $50 on eBay. Mine actually came out of a Ford Focus 2018. It’s a common part in newer fords.
Good luck! Hope this helps!
Thanks for posting your solution! How did you pinpoint to the controller? Did it throw a code or just check with voltmeter?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced the whole fan and module nothing, then jumped a hot wire to the fan off a 12v battery. All worked, installed the original back in worked fine for a long trip and now its only working occasionally. Either the module is bad or the fan, not sure why it only works some of the time.

I am having this issue, replaced the module and still not coming on at idle. Help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts