2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the things I have come across while modifying my Escapé:

NOTE: I DID THESE MODIFICATIONS MYSELF AND I ACCEPTED THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM. IF YOU CHOOSE TO PERFORM ANY OF THESE MODIFICATIONS YOURSELF, ANY BAD THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO YOU OR YOUR CAR ARE NOT MY FAULT.

Removing the hood cowling is the best way to access the battery.

You can find hood struts for the Kuga, which are direct fit for the Escapes (any)

The Fiesta ST engine cover is a direct fit for the 1.6L engine in the Escape

With a little custom fabbing (as well as a 90° O2 sensor bend with a CEL preventer fitting for the rear Oxygen sensor): the 3" Fiesta ST catless downpipe fits our 1.6L engines without any issue.

If installing Focus ST Recaro seats, the harness connectors are totally different, and the outer sides of the seat brackets need a 1" lift to ensure they don't lean outwards. Also, since the harnesses are totally different, I only bothered connecting the 12v and Ground pins so the power seat adjustment works. I also had to take the instrument cluster apart to tape over the airbag light from behind the gauge face.

The big mouth air intake scoop fits our cars no problem (cutting is involved). IAT's match whatever the outside temp is. 👍

The 2017 Escape steering wheel has paddle shifters, which work great with only a little wiring involved, HOWEVER, the cruise control no longer functions, and the horn seems to stay on all the time (might be a design issue or perhaps user error, not sure yet.)

The Focus ST instrument cluster is a direct swap for our cars. HOWEVER, you lose the Instant MPG display.

OEM lug nuts should be replaced immediately, since they are cheap as hell and the outer shell rounds super easily.

A custom cold air intake is easily doable with a 3" to 2.5" 45° silicone coupler, along with 2x 2.5" couplers and a 90° bend coupler. Used 2.5" aluminum tubing for mine and found some hose fittings at my local hardware store to retain the factory lines.

The Focus RS style of airbox top is a direct swap. I found someone on Etsy that was selling 3D printed versions that said ST instead of RS. But I modified my factory cover (the plain one) with a pencil and a Dremel. You can hear the spooly boi much clearer, and when paired with the big mouth scoop, IAT's match the outside temperature

The OEM cat/downpipe is a bitch to remove.

A 90 tooth wrench is awesome in tight spots.

Without the cat, you can hear the spooly boi much clearer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts