2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exact same problem with my 2015 Escape with 60,000 miles. I have an appointment at the dealership and an extended warranty.

Just left the service department. I have a bunch of numbers on the service report, but they replaced 2219D5 Sensor assembly rear - anti- lock REPLACE. I have an extended warranty, so I paid $100.[/QUOTE ]

Meant to add the actual cost was $264.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Ford Escape it overheated a week ago and ever since my Traction Control will start without any reason and the hill assist temporairly not able to use comes on. Also ABS light will not go out.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,764 Posts
I have a 2015 Ford Escape it overheated a week ago and ever since my Traction Control will start without any reason and the hill assist temporairly not able to use comes on. Also ABS light will not go out.
I merged your thread with one of the many existing threads on this issues. Have a look at some of the other posts for some possible help. You can also search the forum for other threads that may help. Should be a quick and easy search to find them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same exact problem with my 2013 Ford Escape 4WD. Started as a knocking noise which turned into the car randomly stalling at stop signs and red lights; it was terrifying because I had no way of knowing when it was going to occur it turns right back on after this occurs. I brought it to the Ford dealership 2 times for this issue, The first time, the transmission tech couldn’t recreate the problem and insisted it was that I needed my transmission fluid flushed which I gave them the go ahead to do. 1 day after getting my car back from them it stalled again so I brought it back a second time. They had my car for almost 60 days and couldn’t figure out what the problem was even though a technician drove the car and it happened to him. They did nothing to fix the issue and had me pay almost $700 out of pocket even with my extended warranty for them to fix absolutely nothing. My car still stalls randomly and is now having the issue with the ABS and traction control light as well as the 4WD and hillside assist issue. The back wheels seem like they’re locking up and the car doesn’t move then a few seconds later and I’m able to drive again. I’m curious if your Ford dealership was able to fix the issue or if you’re still having it as my issue has been ongoing since October 2019; if so what was the issue?
Did you have any resolution with this? Am having The same issue. The dealership said it actually wasn't the ABS sensor it was bc my rear and front tires don't match,causing a reading to skew. Mind you the tires do not need replacing and I don't believe that would be the cause.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently my abs and traction control warning lights are coming on. Its an on and off thing and sometimes my hill assist light comes on as well. It seemed to start after I took off my winter tires. Any suggestions?
I had that issue and it was my ABS sensor. My husband was able to fix it. Luckily we know someone that has a scanner for codes and was able to tell us which one it was.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,396 Posts
The dealership said it actually wasn't the ABS sensor it was bc my rear and front tires don't match,causing a reading to skew. Mind you the tires do not need replacing and I don't believe that would be the cause.
People on the UK forums have reported iAWD issues (knocking/ banging from a set of lights etc.) with either different brand tyres or one axle set very worn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Ford escape doing this exact same thing. I just replaced all 4 sensors and the abs / traction control light is still on. Has anyone figured out what it could be?
Did you get your issues resolved? My 2014 escape is having the same issues and we hooked it up to a reader and no codes popped up so I am so confused as to what is going on with my car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2015 4WD Escape. I am reading this thread, just had a scary moment of car knocking, stopping and restarting in traffic.
1. ABS and Skid sensor signs come up after starting engine. 2. Hill Assist Not Available. 3. Then 4WD Not available. Had this for a few days. Then today, all 3 signs again, knocking sound from the back wheels after starting car, then car literally seizes up when pulling into traffic, coming from the back wheels. I made it back miraculously into a parking lot. After it idled then a sign comes on 4WD available. Just tried to start it up again and the ABS light comes on, drove a little to see what would happen and knocking/locking back wheels starts right away. Dropping off to Ford Dealer service asap.
Hi Nick , did you find out what the problem was , my warranty it’s expired and taking it to the dealer will cost me an arm and a leg , and I won’t be able to drive if I give them up .

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Titanium having this exact same problem. Sounds like a manufacturer defect. I'll never buy another Ford.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Anyone replacing sensor make sure you replace them with EXACTLY same code as what came off. We had a case in the UK where a sensor was ordered to the VIN / registration number and wasn't compatible with the car.

Read here, post 67 is where it's fixed. This example shows that not all ABS sensors for the Kuga/Escape are the same and should be replaced with the same number that is fitted to the car.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
This example shows that not all ABS sensors for the Kuga/Escape are the same and should be replaced with the same number that is fitted to the car.
Yes, the models with self parking have the "bi directional" ABS sensors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have that same problem happening to me with my 2015 Ford Escape SE. Also, it seems to me that one of my brakes is locking up for a bit and when I continue to drive for a bit it unlocks, but the ABS light stays on and the traction light goes off and on, and warning lights about the hill assist is disabled, etc.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Also, it seems to me that one of my brakes is locking up for a bit and when I continue to drive for a bit it unlocks, but the ABS light stays on and the traction light goes off and on, and warning lights about the hill assist is disabled, etc.
Welcome to the forum.

As mentioned in above posts get it scanned to check what codes are logged. It should call out the exact ABS sensor if that's the problem. Ignore other faults and get that fixed first. Search up on here for info on ForScan - it's a free program that you can use to read all the factory fault codes.

Reactions: Gryffindor101

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 2014 Ford escape titanium it just started the day before yesterday my ABS light come on and the traction control light and the hill brake assist light and the information system said 4 wheel drive temporarily disabled :(
2014 Escape Titanium and mine is doing the same thing - I have now ordered the sensors and my boyfriend is going to put them on. Roughly $40.

·
Registered
248 Posts
2014 Escape Titanium and mine is doing the same thing - I have now ordered the sensors and my boyfriend is going to put them on. Roughly $40.
Make sure the new part is the same number as the one that comes off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my welcome to being a new forum post, but hope it will get seen here quicker and by the correct (or more correct) people on this thread.

New Forum Member here... sorry to say I stumbled across this page while looking up an issue with my 2013 Ford Escape. I purchased the SUV used with 70,000+ miles. I have been driving it as my daily driver for the past 1-2 years. Now it has 88,000+ miles and is having a rather strange issue(s). This issue started yesterday afternoon. First time I had seen this issue (again) in 7-9 months.

The ABS sensor light is on when I start the car, the traction light comes on almost right away as well (picture of outline of car with lines under it, next to ABS). I put the SUV into reverse and try to back up and it acts like the brakes are grabbing on the rear wheels. When I go to put it into drive it does the same and a bell dings with a warning that pops up. "Hill assist is not engaged at this time" or something along those lines. At times I can try to press down the gas pedal and it is like I am stuck and unable to get going any faster (not a very safe feeling if I need to move quickly). I have to then stop and put it into reverse and back up trying to stop quickly so the brakes engage quickly and then and only then it is able for me to then try and drive "normal".

Any suggestions??
I’m new to this forum and thread and I have a 2015 Ford Escape Titanium only 26k miles on it and this same problem you described in the posts all of it started happening to my car just yesterday, did you ever get your’s resolved so I may know what the issue is? Very frustrating this is happening on a vehicle with only 25k miles on it!!

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape SE, 4WD, 2.0L, 19" Wheels, Eco Boost
7 Posts
I’m new to this forum and thread and I have a 2015 Ford Escape Titanium only 26k miles on it and this same problem you described in the posts all of it started happening to my car just yesterday, did you ever get your’s resolved so I may know what the issue is? Very frustrating this is happening on a vehicle with only 25k miles on it!!
This is what worked for my escape, After reading as many of the threads pertaining to ABS, Traction Control, Hill Assist &/or 4WD warning lights & messages I could find and jotting down as many of the posters suggestions to check &/or posters "fix" for this problem for their Escape I text the list to my brother and asked him to check them all on my Escape. One of the 6-7 items to check was that the wheel bearings was not installed backwards. My wheel bearing was not installed backwards BUT it prompted my brother to check the AXLE NUT, guess what, it was loose!!! He tightened the axle nut, reset or reprogrammed (something along those lines) the newest of the 4 speed sensors (that he had told me had shorted out within minutes of installing it) and the sensor was still actually good, so it wasn't shorted out after all and BOOM, every single warning light and message was cleared! He cleared the error code C003A (right wheel speed sensor) and took it for a drive. All the warning lights, messages and error code stayed cleared (off). I picked my Escape up last night and drove it home, I live about 20 miles from him and it ran like a charm and zero warning lights or messages came back on. If you are having this issue and can't find a solution check the axle nut. Here is the list I accumulated of things to check from posters pertaining to this issue, check the battery, battery cables connection to battery, wiring harness of speed sensor that it has no shorts and it has a good connection with the speed sensor and ABS Control Module, also check the little pins in the end connectors of wire harness, check that the replacement speed sensor is the exact part number to the speed sensor it is replacing (my understanding is there are different speed sensor for Escapes that have park assist to those that do not. Check to ensure the wheel bearing was not installed backwards, if the wheel bearings were recently changed and of course check to ensure that the axle nut is tight. Good luck! I hope my update fix post is able to help some of you/someone!
You can find my original problem post and "Update Fix" post, which is shown above here 2013 FORD ESCAPE ABS, traction control, 4x4 disabled

41 - 58 of 58 Posts