2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a code indicating the right front active park assist sensor is open or short to ground, took it to the local dealer and was told it was rodent damage to the wiring and quoted me 633 dollars for the repair. Seems a bit high to patch and resolder some wire so think I will take a shot at fixin it myself, service guy said the front bumper needs to be removed, anybody know where the cable is routed for this sensor, if bumper removal is necessary ? F.Y.I. while I was talking to service mgr asked him how many Escapes he has had in for the coolant related engine replacements, he said that they have replaced 15 engines within the past year, this is small to medium size dealer , doubt that they sell more than 50 escapes in a years time, may have to reconsider purchasing the extended warranty which I have never done for any vehicle I have owned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Zero responses?, nobody out there has had this specific issue, first post here, well actually second, maybe I posted this in the wrong forum? anybody?

·
Super Moderator
1,979 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't imagine that would be a common failure.

Tasca parts may have a breakdown on their site. Otherwise, this site may help Modifications FORD Kuga 2012- (CBS) - it's for the Kuga but plug in some details (year model, LHD etc.) and see what comes up.think it
I have a 2017 escape titanium awd with a 2.0 liter engine, I entered that info , think it was in account detail, obviously wrong place, sorry about that. Yes did lot of searching on my issue, didnt find an answer addressing my specific problem, will check out the Tasca website, thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,979 Posts
Keep in mind a 2017 probably won't be much different to the earlier models (for wiring looms) in that area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just noticed that the right front sensor is gone, poked my borescope in the hole and could see the chewed up wiring. It looks like enclosed area so you would expect to see the sensor laying in there somewhere, did not see it. Dont see how it is possible that a mouse could dislodge the sensor and even less possible that it could be somehow pushed out the front?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts