2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I never use it in traffic where you have cars in other lanes either side.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,576 Posts
Never had a problem with it in multiple cars, you set the following distance.
Speed drops when the car in front of you slows down, it doesn't really slam on the brakes unless someone cuts you off or the car in front slows down hard. That is when the collision avoidance system kicks in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never had a problem with it in multiple cars, you set the following distance.
Speed drops when the car in front of you slows down, it doesn't really slam on the brakes unless someone cuts you off or the car in front slows down hard. That is when the collision avoidance system kicks in.
My experience, as well. I use ACC all the time and swich to standby when traffic gets really slow. What I don't like is how long it takes to recover to set speed once it's applied the brakes and you change lanes.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SEL
43 Posts
Drive about 300 miles a week with 260 being highway always have it on when I’m on i95 and never have an issue. Yes if a car cuts me off or a car wants to get into the lane I will hit the brake, you need to be aware at all times with these systems, but they are safe and very useful. Story from the other day. 18 wheeler cuts me off, my escape hits it’s brakes and merges to avoid collision with the truck before I even reacted, saved my life. I guess the collision systems look at the surrounding lanes as a sort of escape route, idk but very useful and saved my life

1 - 6 of 6 Posts