2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added ACC to my 2017 F-150 and now I don't think I can live without it. We use our '17 Escape for all our road trips and I would love to add it, if possible.

Has anyone done this successfully, or can the dealer add it?

Admittedly, I'm not as well versed in the Escape as I am my F-150, nor as smart on Forscan changes with the Escape. I tried tracking down the spreadsheet on here, but none of the links to it seem to work.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control?
So what radar parts did you buy for your F-150 to add it?
ACC is available for 2020 Escape. Don’t know if that’s the first time. I thought it was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All that was needed to add it to my F150 was the radar sensor, steering wheel switch, wiring sub-harness, mounting bracket and hardware. There were a few changes in Forscan I had to make as well to the IPC and ABS modules. It was about $500 in parts and about an hour worth of time. Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far it looks like for the Escape you'd need roughly the same parts. Not sure on the Forscan changes yet.

Distance Sensor - DY1451 (GV6T-9G768-8F)
Distance Sensor Bracket (GV6Z-14C022-A)
Switch Assy. (SW7792)
Wire Harness (JJ5Z-15K867-B)
Distance Sensor Bolt (-W711560-S307)

·
Registered
387 Posts
From what i've gleened from my time on this forum, my research, and other ford forums, the Escapes are not as easy to upgrade as others within the Ford Family.

The level of integration is ridiculous. It's not just a matter of adding the missing bits and a simple reprogram APIM. In most cases it's an entirely new wiring harness to add the missing connections (or pins in the same connector) and the code on these is much more locked down (fewer changeable options within forscan).

What level of sync do you have in your vehicle? If it's the basic 4.2" screen Sync system, forget it. If you have the 8" Sync system there may be hope and someone with more knowledge will say for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a Titanium with the 301A and the technology package, so it has Sync3 and the 8" screen. Looks like that same package includes ACC on the 2019, but must have been a separate option when we purchased ours new in 2017.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
.... but must have been a separate option when we purchased ours new in 2017.
Yep, stand-alone option code 52C - "Adaptive Cruise Control & Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support", 2017 was the first year it was available on the Escape Ti with or without 301A Technology Package per the 5/23/16 Order Guide for that model year.

Hope you get it figured out - sadly, as you're finding, there's nowhere near the hacker/ developer/ reprogramming support for the Escape that there is for the F150 (I never found a comprehensive reprogramming spreadsheet specific to the Escape, SYNC2 or SYNC3, like I found for the F150).

Figuring out the programming addresses/values specific to the Escape should be 'sporting' but you seem motivated so I sure won't assume that achieving the goal is past you ;)

Good Luck! :)

(didn't have it on my Escape but I'm loving it on my Ridgeline - I sure understand the incentive)

·
Super Moderator
1,719 Posts
Perhaps one of the Russian Escape forums would be a good place to search/ ask for info? I got info I was after for retrofitting the UK spec alarm system from one of them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reached out to Livinitup on the F-150 forum who is a wiz with FORScan and he came back with this. Looks like he ran my VIN through a comparison program to see what was different with an otherwise identical Escape, except with ACC. I'm going to give this a shot. Fingers crossed!

·
Super Moderator
1,719 Posts
This may help (earlier model though).

https://www.drive2.ru/l/7770907/ use Chrome browser and it will auto translate.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've done this on my F150 Lariat and I've got a 2019 Escape S. I just upgraded my steering wheel to a leather one and I got the adaptive cruise switch. I just plugged the adaptive cruise switch. Both before and after, the only SASM procedure under the wrench icon in FORSCAN is the "module reset" icon...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts