2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used 2013 SEL, dealer only had 1 key so they ordered another for me. Now I see that there are 3 admin keys for my car when I check the keys through the dash screen.

How do I clear that "3rd key"?

Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
I think you have to have the dealership to do that, what I think they should have done was wipe all programming from the vehicle and start from scratch, that way the previous owner can't come and unlock your FE. BTW do you have the push start or still have the Key

·
Registered
875 Posts
I believe in the owner manual explain how to reset mykey settings. check it out... I did with mine, because when they gave me the car one of the keys was slave and the car wouldn't like to pass over 90 kms/hr or something like that and some other functions were missing. After erasing all the settings both keys became master... I am not sure but it might work in your case?

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
I believe in the owner manual explain how to reset mykey settings. check it out... I did with mine, because when they gave me the car one of the keys was slave and the car wouldn't like to pass over 90 kms/hr or something like that and some other functions were missing. After erasing all the settings both keys became master... I am not sure but it might work in your case?
I have the push button, and found out I cannot make my own my keys - unlike the owners that have actual keys. However, the master (admin) keys have to be coded to your vehicle, which will be done @ the dealer. The problem that this member has is that since it was bought used and only had one key, instead of the dealer erasing and redoing so only 2 admin keys show, they added an admin key which means one key is still active and can actively open their FE....

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do you delete an Admin Key?

Hello,

Recently purchased a 2017 Ford Escape SE. I've had nothing but trouble from the dealership.
For starters they lost one of the two keys and had to order a replacement key/fob. When it arrived they just added it, and did not delete the missing key.
So now my system shows 3 admin keys.

Is there anyway I can remove the lost key, or remove all keys and just re-add the two I have?
I suspect I may have to bring it back to the dealership, however I would like to avoid that if at all possible.

Thanks,
MerlinRPM

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
I have a 2013 ford escape and i dont know how to reset the my key admin. Help plz.
Merged your thread with this existing thread. There are other threads if you do a quick and easy search on the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts