2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all have read my messages before about me topping out my 2021 Escape SE and beating the piss out of it. But I feel like the lone ranger here. I've had zero problems so far. Please tell me there are other Escape owners that do the same as I and are problem free? Perhaps there's something to this beating on these Escapes. I do the same with our 2021 Explorer and it is still problem free too. Do I own two Fords that love that beating or am I just a lucky guy? I love them both and would never sell either one. So for those of you wanting to buy my Escape. Sorry, it's mine and I love it!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hopefully you are not beating them with a bat... 😆 I certainly been rough with mine too especially with the tune. No issues either and love it as well but I am likely will be moving up the food chain to EV next year before warranty runs out.

Reactions: Jettech

·
Registered
10 Posts
We've had no issues with our 2020 SE in the 2 years we've owned it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I rode my 2003 V-6, and my 2013 2.0EB pretty hard, but that was balanced with a lot of cruise-controlled freeway miles. Both ran like a top throughout my ownership of them.

I also have been known to run my F-150 pretty hard. Haven't pushed this 2021 SE very hard yet. Still enjoying the mileage of the 1.5.

·
Registered
2017 White/Gold Titanium 2.0 AWD
134 Posts
I think that most people join when they first have a problem with their vehicle. Understandably they are looking for help solving problems. If you look at a significant problem like the 1.5 engine block problems, I wonder what the actual percentage of problems vs number of engines out there is. The squeaky wheel is usually the one your going to hear.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I think that most people join when they first have a problem with their vehicle. Understandably they are looking for help solving problems. If you look at a significant problem like the 1.5 engine block problems, I wonder what the actual percentage of problems vs number of engines out there is. The squeaky wheel is usually the one your going to hear.
Yep...I doubt we will ever know that percentage but no doubt the majority are fine.
Ford will never tell us the true figure...probably say one in one hundred. 😉

Reactions: Jettech

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
for the last 20 years most cars have very reliable, taking abuse and hundreds of thousands of kilometers with little issues.

So its normal. and most people dont post with "everything A-OK", they mostly post when they have those rare issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love my 2020 1.5 SEL. It has been a wonderful ride with no issues mechanically. I have about 15000 miles on it. I do use a full synthetic Motorcraft oil and premium fuel. I change the oil every 5000 miles. I had to get the window switches replaced under warranty due to the chrome strip peeling off and cutting my finger. The 1.5 has been a pleasure to drive.

Go Army!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just around town here's one of my favorite sounds is when I first take off and the transmission hits second gear with my foot about half way to the floor. The sudden increase in power that plants you back in your seat and a sound that is to die for. I LOVE IT!!

Reactions: Brunni

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have problems, but not engine related.

My lift gate no longer works because I turned off the auto lift in the Sync menu (so it wouldn't open on me and hit my bike rack) and then it was greyed out so I couldn't re-enable it. Then I reset Sync and it was no longer greyed out, but when I turn it back to on it still doesn't work. So now I have to take it in for that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have problems, but not engine related.

My lift gate no longer works because I turned off the auto lift in the Sync menu (so it wouldn't open on me and hit my bike rack) and then it was greyed out so I couldn't re-enable it. Then I reset Sync and it was no longer greyed out, but when I turn it back to on it still doesn't work. So now I have to take it in for that.
I don't have auto lift so I have no idea how to help you. Sorry that's happening sir.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You all have read my messages before about me topping out my 2021 Escape SE and beating the piss out of it. But I feel like the lone ranger here. I've had zero problems so far. Please tell me there are other Escape owners that do the same as I and are problem free? Perhaps there's something to this beating on these Escapes. I do the same with our 2021 Explorer and it is still problem free too. Do I own two Fords that love that beating or am I just a lucky guy? I love them both and would never sell either one. So for those of you wanting to buy my Escape. Sorry, it's mine and I love it!!! LOL!!
I'm with you. My SE got totalled and I replaced it with an SEL. I put 9K on the SE it in a month. I wasn't all that nice to it. I never had issues with the SE and I haven't had any on the SEL either. Ford replaced one defective headlamp for me and I have 2 more years of factory warranty on it (now that I'm not commuting and I'm driving less). Note: both of mine were 2020's but it is the same generation. Also, I said I would never buy another car that says you need to remove the whole bumper fascia to change headlamps... but I did. :/ (hopefully, youtube will have the technician's trick to do it another way, like my last car.)

·
Registered
2014 Escape Titanium
225 Posts
My wife drives our '14 mostly, so yeah, it's gets beat to a certain extent. She puts the turbo to the test, or tries to warp the rotors . . . no in between with her. The rain sensor hadn't worked from day one. Neither previous owners, my sister nor her boss, knew about the auto-wipers so neither knew about the problem. Should have been a warranty repair.
No other problems, just maintenance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts