2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI folks - just got a pop up in the ford pass app for my 2020 Escape about this - anyone else see it?

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SEL
4 Posts
HI folks - just got a pop up in the ford pass app for my 2020 Escape about this - anyone else see it?
It's starting to hit everyone today. I saw a bunch on an Escape Facebook group and mine showed up a few hours later. I just scheduled my service for Monday through the app.

Personally I've had no problems with the brakes, I'm curious what made them want to reprogram.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
68 Posts
So far I haven't heard of anyone with a 2020 Hybrid getting this notice, I'm curious if it's because of the regenerative braking setup that the hybrids have?

NefCanuck

·
Registered
71 Posts
When to my dealership today to see about the recall 20E03 software reprogram and the service writer's computer says engineering still working on the fix and should be released this week.

·
Registered
2020 Escape
108 Posts
Just got notice of this recall via the Fordpass app. I can’t find any info on this, yet. Not even on the NHTSB site. Anyone have some insight?

·
Registered
71 Posts
See my post in the 4G TSBs and Recalls section.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I took my car in for backup camera issue (replacement) and service advisor said they're going to perform the recall today (7/28/2020). I'll get my car back tomorrow, because the camera takes a day to get here. I'll ask him if he can give me any more details.

·
Super Moderator
5,997 Posts
Just got notice of this recall via the Fordpass app. I can’t find any info on this, yet. Not even on the NHTSB site. Anyone have some insight?
I merged your thread with the existing recall thread

·
Registered
2 Posts
When to my dealership today to see about the recall 20E03 software reprogram and the service writer's computer says engineering still working on the fix and should be released this week.
I bought a 2020 Escape on 7/28/20, paid cash and gave them my trade-in but before they completed the gas fill up they said that there was a “Recall” and would loan us another car to use while they fixed my new car, why not give me my old car to use? I went on the NTSB web site and could not find a Recall. The dealer then told me it was the Anti-Lock- Brake system and they needed a part. I then went on Ford’s web and found out that it was a Field Service Advisory to reprogram the system. My meager knowledge of programming is that it is a software item not a “Part”. We are still benign lied to and a week has gone by without the new car or the truth.
I have learned from over 50 years in the aviation industry that manufactures use the mandatory service bulletin system instead of an Airworthiness Bulletin to keep the FAA /NTSB from putting a black mark against the aircraft. I can’t be sure but I think a Ford FSA vs Recall looks better with the NHTSB.
Still no new car. By the way the loaner Escape they gave me has backup camera problems.
My father always told me that unlike a lie you don’t have to remember the truth because it always is.

·
Registered
2020 Escape
108 Posts
I bought a 2020 Escape on 7/28/20, paid cash and gave them my trade-in but before they completed the gas fill up they said that there was a “Recall” and would loan us another car to use while they fixed my new car, why not give me my old car to use? I went on the NTSB web site and could not find a Recall. The dealer then told me it was the Anti-Lock- Brake system and they needed a part. I then went on Ford’s web and found out that it was a Field Service Advisory to reprogram the system. My meager knowledge of programming is that it is a software item not a “Part”. We are still benign lied to and a week has gone by without the new car or the truth.
I have learned from over 50 years in the aviation industry that manufactures use the mandatory service bulletin system instead of an Airworthiness Bulletin to keep the FAA /NTSB from putting a black mark against the aircraft. I can’t be sure but I think a Ford FSA vs Recall looks better with the NHTSB.
Still no new car. By the way the loaner Escape they gave me has backup camera problems.
My father always told me that unlike a lie you don’t have to remember the truth because it always is.
it’s a recall, not a FSA, SSM or a TSB. From the Fordpass app.

This is a FSA. From the Fordpass app also.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
68 Posts
Still nothing in Canada about an ABS module reprogram for my 2020 Hybrid Escape.

Has anyone with a hybrid in the US gotten a recall notice?

NefCanuck

·
Registered
49 Posts
Same for me. It's showing in the app as a recall, but on the web site as a FSA. What's odd is that when I login to the web site, it doesn't come up at all unless I click on recalls in Service. Usually these things come with some description and circumstances for why a failure may occur without a fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 2020 Escape SEL in April and took it in on July 24th for the anti-lock brake reprogram. They told me it would take 20 minutes and after sitting in the waiting room for 2 hours the service manager came and told me that they had to take the old program off to install the new one, and as they were attempting the install Ford headquarters called and told them there was a bug in it and to stop the update. Once they stopped trying to update the new program, they were not able to install the old program back onto it so my vehicle would not start until the new program was fixed and installed. It has been 11 days and there is still no ETA when the recall will be fixed, and I've been driving a loaner. Only 10 more days until I can use the Lemon Law and just get my money back and go with something else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my 2020 Escape SEL in April and took it in on July 24th for the anti-lock brake reprogram. They told me it would take 20 minutes and after sitting in the waiting room for 2 hours the service manager came and told me that they had to take the old program off to install the new one, and as they were attempting the install Ford headquarters called and told them there was a bug in it and to stop the update. Once they stopped trying to update the new program, they were not able to install the old program back onto it so my vehicle would not start until the new program was fixed and installed. It has been 11 days and there is still no ETA when the recall will be fixed, and I've been driving a loaner. Only 10 more days until I can use the Lemon Law and just get my money back and go with something else.
Noel - I, unfortunately, had the exact same experience. Bought mine in March 2020 and took it in just last week for the recall. The dealer attempted to complete the reprogram, but stated that the files corrupted the vehicle and essentially "took out the ABS module". It was not comforting to hear the dealer state they've never had something like this happen before and that they needed to wait for a fix from Ford. I actually spoke to Ford's corporate customer service team, who informed me that the fix for this software update would not be available until AT LEAST 9/21. At that point, we are WELL beyond the waiting period to use the Lemon Law... Are you considering asking for a replacement entirely, or just a refund outright and go with a different manufacturer? I am still debating the best route...I wish you luck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Noel - I, unfortunately, had the exact same experience. Bought mine in March 2020 and took it in just last week for the recall. The dealer attempted to complete the reprogram, but stated that the files corrupted the vehicle and essentially "took out the ABS module". It was not comforting to hear the dealer state they've never had something like this happen before and that they needed to wait for a fix from Ford. I actually spoke to Ford's corporate customer service team, who informed me that the fix for this software update would not be available until AT LEAST 9/21. At that point, we are WELL beyond the waiting period to use the Lemon Law... Are you considering asking for a replacement entirely, or just a refund outright and go with a different manufacturer? I am still debating the best route...I wish you luck!!
I've tried calling the Ford corporate customer service, and the only thing they do for me is call the dealership for any updates which I do myself so they haven't actually helped me with anything. This is the second time I've heard someone being told that the update won't be available until 9/21 so I've got my Lemon Letter drafted already. I plan on asking for a full refund and getting a Toyota Rav4 instead. I almost did that initially but the Escapes were a little bit cheaper and had the 0% APR deal going on. But the Rav 4's are rated better than the Escapes and my experience with Toyota is that they last forever and at this point, I'll pay more for better quality because this has been a nightmare. If the 9/21 ETA is true, I'm sending my letter certified the morning I hit day #30.

·
Registered
2 Posts
F22A906A-0C6B-41FE-96F8-3D43F3A9D290.jpeg
I bought a 2020 escape on July 31. After signing paperwork the dealer told me about the recall and can’t take deliver until this is done. Not happy. Today they sent me this from Ford. Hoping it’s true. For now I am in my trade in until I can pick up my new escape. Hopefully this gives everyone hope.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2020 escape on July 31. After signing paperwork the dealer told me about the recall and can’t take deliver until this is done. Not happy. Today they sent me this from Ford. Hoping it’s true. For now I am in my trade in until I can pick up my new escape. Hopefully this gives everyone hope.
Interesting! I certainly hope this is true, albeit Ford's corporate customer service team told me not to expect a fix until at least 9/21. However, that may be for vehicles that were rendered inoperable when dealers ran the faulty reprogramming anyways (e.g., mine). I certainly hope the fix for folks like yourself does come this week! Do you mind keeping us apprised on this thread? Thank you so much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts