2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m hoping to find some answers pertaining to how I can expect my 2013 2.0 sel to shift and shifting behavior. Before transmission is warm. Like the firs 5 mi I notice a slight 100 rpm pulse at speeds under 45 mph no misfire and good smooth idle . It acts like it’s constantly gear hunting with the throttle steady. Then after 5 mi or so it clears up. Any ideas ?? 85k miles

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
That sorta tells me your fluid may be a tad low. Mercon LV expands when heated up, which might explain why your shifting gets better after 5 minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sorta tells me your fluid may be a tad low. Mercon LV expands when heated up, which might why your shifting gets better after 5 minutes.
I thank you for the reply. Although I dont see any leaks it going in the ford shop for a flush and fluid replace. I hope that does the trick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not unheard of for the Escape to come from the factory with low transmission fluid. Checking it is temprature sensitive and some cars I believe dont get the right amount.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nicko, thanks for sharing your success. I too was experiencing similar issues that were fixed by changing the auto trans fluid. I see so many people here that are experiencing similar issues and I have been doing my best to help get the word to too change your auto trans fluid if you are experiencing ruff idle. I know the manual says 150K but this needs to be done at 75K IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts