2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get a 2021 hybrid, but the best I am doing is rebates and $100 off msrp. Then 1k in dealer processing fees lol. Some dealers are refusing to take anything off msrp.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello, I got a little off MSRP in May on a SEL; but didn't see promos on hybrids.

I am wondering is this due to perhaps a shortage in them vs. other models?
Are you specifically looking for a hybrid vs. regular?

I missed the $2,500 trade in promo- but then again my vehicle would have been taken by someone else.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's due to the shortages. I found a dealer who is giving me the carvana price for my trade in and $800 off MSRP. $2500+1250 rebates and it's a great deal. Fwd hybrid. Ford doesn't want to approve me though:( dealer said he's going to try his rep. Hopefully it goes through! I'm really excited!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been watching prices for several months. Prices are going up. Saw one dealer asking 37k for an SEL hybrid.
Best prices I saw early on were on ebay.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been watching prices for several months. Prices are going up. Saw one dealer asking 37k for an SEL hybrid.
Best prices I saw early on were on ebay.
Yea its bad when dealers say nothing below MSRP! I've found a few dealers giving 500 off but that's it.
They don't even want to talk to you.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
150 Posts
Only incentive that's going on in Canada is "no charge" AWD on 2021 Escape models, which amounts to a $1,500 reduction in MSRP..

NefCanuck

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Overall it's a bad time to buy a car. Even though more people are buying cars now the fact that there are shortages and car lots are trying to gain money in which the lost last year is driving up prices. :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Overall it's a bad time to buy a car. Even though more people are buying cars now the fact that there are shortages and car lots are trying to gain money in which the lost last year is driving up prices. :(
Went to a dealer today to visit some escapes because they had a few on their site so I said well they have to atleast have one or two...Welp when I got there they said they sold the red one earlier, and just sold another white one to some little old ladies behind me. I was going to mess with them and tell them they shouldnt buy an escape, that I read in car and driver they were rated the worst of 2021. hah.
All they had left was a demo with 3k miles.

The guy was explaining to me its so bad that the service center is buying used vehicles to loan out, they dont have the inventory. He was telling me also they just went to auction and bought a ton of 2018 150s for xxx, but was saying thats how much they sold for new in 2018 and hes buying them used at auction!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought my 21 Titanium first of May. Was the only Titanium available in the entire Phoenix metro area (we have a lot of car dealers here) Got $2,000 from Ford, $500 from the dealer. They only took couple hundred off sticker but after going back and forth a bunch they dropped the dealer add ons (window tint, paint protect, edge guards, etc) was $1400. Gave $1300 more than KBB on trade. All in all, out the door after TTL only $243 over MSRP which was pretty good for walking in with $0 out of pocket cash down. Sales guy kept saying someone else is coming in to look at this car…I said they can look at me driving away in it—haha.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bought my 21 Titanium first of May. Was the only Titanium available in the entire Phoenix metro area (we have a lot of car dealers here) Got $2,000 from Ford, $500 from the dealer.
That seems really good- was this right before the $2k from Ford ended ? I got mine 5/15; and I needed to buy in May and found the SEL I liked. -I missed out on the cash incentive from April- and $2,500 TIC appeared in June.

However, the car would have likely disappeared as it is a White SEL 2.0 with B&O speakers, technology and Stealth package.

I ended up getting $2,123 off MSRP- 5.6% - i did 0% over 36 months so no $500 Ford Cash but did get the trade in bumped up (was double than what it would have been last year).

Have you gotten your paper work from Ford yet in the event you financed it? My plates are due soon i assume everything is far behind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That seems really good- was this right before the $2k from Ford ended ? I got mine 5/15; and I needed to buy in May and found the SEL I liked. -I missed out on the cash incentive from April- and $2,500 TIC appeared in June.

However, the car would have likely disappeared as it is a White SEL 2.0 with B&O speakers, technology and Stealth package.

I ended up getting $2,123 off MSRP- 5.6% - i did 0% over 36 months so no $500 Ford Cash but did get the trade in bumped up (was double than what it would have been last year).

Have you gotten your paper work from Ford yet in the event you financed it? My plates are due soon i assume everything is far behind.
No delays, took about 3 weeks for vehicle registration to show up—I transferred existing plates so was just the updated sticker. Here in AZ new plates are running several weeks behind; DMV says as long as registration is paid in system people be fine if get stopped. One gripe I have is the dealer did not have the owners manual in the car said he would order one…has been 5 weeks am guessing not gonna show up. Got PDF from Ford and read it. But owner manual kits are VIN specific as it has the code for the driver door keypad so gotta figure that one out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

Did you get the titanium package? the 2,123 off did that include rebates?

The best deal I could get was $24000 for my trade in, most dealers offered 20500. I got 3 to do 24000 though. They also had the lowest doc fees at $499. The reason I went with this dealer is they took 781 off the sticker so:

+781
+2500 trade allowance
+1250 private offer
-----------
$4531 off msrp 32500. Think thats pretty good for a 2021 FWD which are hard to find. Did not want AWD has im only interested in mpg.

a$$hole ford seems to be taking advantage off all this and are loading options into cars. Sunroof, cold-weather pk and conv pk is literately the base around here. Why would anyone need the "cold-weather package" with remote start when you have fordpass? Even my 70year old mom has an iphone and knows how to video call her grandkids!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Did you get a SE hybrid? The screen looks great-
My SEL has a technology package (B&O speakers, power liftgate) Stealth package (19" wheels), Co Pilot assist , and a spare tire and cargo shade. I do like that it has some standard Titanium features in it. The 19" are nice but I could have done with or without them either way.
I was happy not to have the moonroof- to me it is unnecessary.

No doubt I left money on the table by not being able to purchase in April- simply had more time available in May and glad

I got my car because it would have been gone in a week - also no one else even test drove it- had 4 miles after my first test and when I went back nothing more than 5.

-they only had in May $500 retail cash which they couldn't do on top of the 0%/36 mos. So I simply got the $500 going back a few times on my trade in and the total out the door price

What do they mean by the $1,250 private offer?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes I got the SE Hybrid. The private offer is something ford sends you randomly if you purchased in the past. Kinda like hey, here's some cash ready to trade in yet? I got the power lift gate also, moon roof.......the only thing worth it is the spare tire. Did yours come with rubber mats? They were 160 and don't even cover as good as my $60 ones. I do really like it. I would of enjoyed the bo speakers.

Just be glad you got it. I suspect it's going to get worst.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Didn't come with rubber mats- paid from Amazon for Smartliners- they are nice so far. Happy i got it as I went for my plates today and there were no cars i would have gotten today.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts