2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
Earlier this week I was at the Ford Service dept. My salesman saw me and said hi. Since he was there I'd guess they're still selling cars, or at least hoping to.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Earlier this week I was at the Ford Service dept. My salesman saw me and said hi. Since he was there I'd guess they're still selling cars, or at least hoping to.
Are they open 12 months where you are? I would think that sales are very low in the "dark" (cold) time of the year.

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
Are they open 12 months where you are? I would think that sales are very low in the "dark" (cold) time of the year.
Yes, they're open year round. The constant dark in the winter is normal to us. They do have an indoor show room and they do their best to keep the vehicles outside clear of snow. I've purchased vehicles in the winter... but I always order mine anyway. I've never just purchased something off the lot.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Here in Michigan you can't buy a new car because of the Covid-19 virus?
NJ allows delivery of previously ordered cars, and service, but no new sales.
I'm not sure what the local Ford dealer is doing about the 6 foot social distancing since their waiting room is rather small.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium - The Dark Knight
12 Posts
Up here in Ontario, Canada they just re-opened in person car sales on May 4/20 (by appointment only) but previously it had be on-line sales owing when the government shut everything down in mid-March.

Only reason I was able to buy my Escape that day was I was in for a service appointment for my soon to be ex-car when they told me "It's Dead Jim"

Waiting on the vehicle modification place to install the driving aids I need before I pick it up.

NefCanuck

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
My salesman called me yesterday and we chatted for a bit. He told me they've been open the whole time and actually set a sales record last month. He said that new car orders would take 3 to 4 months for the cars to make it to the dealership on account of the assembly lines being temporarily shut down.

·
Registered
933 Posts
… Here in central MN, the local car dealerships are all open for service (pickup and drop-off are available) but new and used car sales are by appointment ONLY.
Same here. Took the Escape for the annual vehicle inspection last Friday. Nobody looking at cars. Was told it by appointment only.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts