2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, have searched and searched and can't find anything on the specific issue I'm seeing. Vehicle is:

2013 Escape 2.0 SE
Sync
FWD
156k miles

I have recently started getting the ABS/Brake/traction control warning lights with the hill start unavailable message. There does not seem to be any activity from the brakes, no dragging, noise, or chatter. Forscan with both HSCAN/MSCAN modified Bafx BT OBD tool and wired OBDLink EX returns a U3000:48-2B error on the ABS module. This is a "Supervisor software error".

I tried the self-test to see if the ABS module itself was bad but it passed. The error seems to trigger in situations where the hill start assist would actually trigger.

Although the codes aren't exactly the same, from reading other posts here and in other forums I tried:
  • Checking the data streams from the ABS sensors, nothing wrong noted
  • Checking if the spindle nuts are loose, they are tight
  • Checking the battery ground connection to the chassis, hit it with the impact a bit. I may try again to actually clean the contact point.

Anyone deal with this and found a solution?

·
Registered
Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
2,511 Posts
This can be a bad ABS module or shorted harness causing a communications error.
The hill start and traction control almost always show when there's an ABS fault as these two items rely on the ABS module to function.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This can be a bad ABS module or shorted harness causing a communications error.
The hill start and traction control almost always show when there's an ABS fault as these two items rely on the ABS module to function.
if the issue is the ABS module, is the power steering also affected / disabled?

I am having a similar issue with my Escape 2015 1.6 SE but aside from the traction control, ABS, Air Bag and Brake system lights on, my power steering is also disabled..

·
Registered
17 Posts
thank you. i'll be writing a new thread regarding the issue im experiencing to get more thoughts about it and possibly a solution / recommendation from those who already experienced it and rectified it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts