2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
It has been a while since I posted a new video or had anything new to report since installing my lift. I just took some video footage driving over an exposed and partially crushed culvert that was about 7.5" tall where I crossed it. In case you are new here, I lifted my 14" Escape from the factory measured 6" clearance to 8.75" (.75" with a one size larger tire and 2" with front strut spacers and .75" rear coil spring spacers. I cleared the culvert with over an inch to spare. I was actually most worried about breaking off one of the mud flaps but because the culvert was rounded, all mud flaps cleared just fine. I would never have dreamed driving over something like this with factory tires and no lift. 6" of clearance is great for the city but useless as soon as the pavement ends. New Gen 4 Escapes are even lower by about an inch. I have not measured it firsthand, but from what I have seen on the road, the new Gen 4 Escape is definitely lower than the 6" clearance on Gen 3 Escapes, probably putting Gen 4 Escapes at 5" +/- clearance...so be extra careful and seriously consider the new Bronco Sport. Always remember when exploring a new road or trail that may be a challenge to your vehicle's abilities and clearance, to walk it first and try to measure obstacles that may pose a ground clearance issue.

·
Registered
524 Posts
@Yanick, did you ever get your lift kit parts issue resolved? It has been a while and I never heard a follow up.

Have you received your lift yet @Tazmaniman?

·
Registered
2013 Escape 1.6L AWD
164 Posts
Figured this is the best place to ask. I did search and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. I understand that the springs were changed on 2014+ so likely the H&R raising Springs would not work with my 2013 struts in the front. I am curious though if I can buy some Bilstein B4 struts for a 2014+ and use those with the H&R springs. Rear seems to be unchanged so not worried about that. The front knuckles also seem to be unchanged so it stands to reason that new springs and new struts would be fine right?

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,407 Posts
I am curious though if I can buy some Bilstein B4 struts for a 2014+ and use those with the H&R springs.
You'd (at a minimum) also need the strut top bearing plate as the top coil end is also smaller in diameter. (Probably the incorrect name for the part.)

Reactions: TBlack13SE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!,

I just joined your forum but have been looking for informations for a while.

I ordered the Russian 30mm front spacers 2 weeks ago and 5 days later, they were here in Canada (ok, I paid the extra for quick shipping).

Very pleased with the look of my Escape now! Much more leveled.

A quick note for the installation, you do not have to completely remove the strut to install the spacers; remove the sway bar, the abs tie down, the 3 top screws and puch down on the whole assembly. You will have just enough space to slide the inserts in place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Opinions between the Tema 30mm vs Rising Tuning 40mm kit? I'd like a higher lift, but I see that the 30mm kit from Tema is well tested here.
Any notable issues I'd see during installation/ride/etc going with the higher lift instead?
Both seem to be from Russia so should I be concerned with the build quality from Rising Tuning since it doesn't look like there's much experience with it here?

Tema:
Rising Tuning:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Personnaly, I don't fell the need of a rear lift on my Escape. It is so high with the stock suspension that it looks perfect with only the front 30mm inserts. 40mm would be ok too. You could save a few $$$ by getting the front only.

·
Registered
2013 Escape 1.6L AWD
164 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Escape 1.6L AWD
164 Posts
not sure on actual clearance but front fender lip is now at 32 inches.
Well. Mine is at 29.25 on OEM equivalent Bilstein shocks and OEM springs with no spacer lift and stock tire size. So it seems like you got about three inches between lift and tire size. Not bad

·
Registered
17 Posts
I want to lift my 2016 1.6L a few inches, the only way that seems possible is a lift kit (30mm) on eBay and h&r springs (1.4" front and 0.8" back). The lift is about 2.5 inches total, I just got new falken wildpeak a/t stock size, Is putting both together ok? Will it add a lot of strain to other parts or would I have to also change other parts like struts and control arm or will it be ok with stock parts? Also would it be better if I just did one to keep stock parts?

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape, 245/60-18 General tires with 40mm lift kit
48 Posts
You are better off doing the spacer lift and not doing the springs. A. I have heard complaints with the springs making hard ride on bumps B. I just installed the ebay lift that was close to 2 inches and was told the suspension really can't drop any further to go higher. C. The only way to go higher is an engine cradle drop first and then you could raise the suspension even more. D. Stay tuned ;-)

·
Registered
17 Posts
You are better off doing the spacer lift and not doing the springs. A. I have heard complaints with the springs making hard ride on bumps B. I just installed the ebay lift that was close to 2 inches and was told the suspension really can't drop any further to go higher. C. The only way to go higher is an engine cradle drop first and then you could raise the suspension even more. D. Stay tuned ;-)
How many mm is the lift that you got?

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,782 Posts
I want to lift my 2016 1.6L a few inches, the only way that seems possible is a lift kit (30mm) on eBay and h&r springs (1.4" front and 0.8" back). The lift is about 2.5 inches total, I just got new falken wildpeak a/t stock size, Is putting both together ok? Will it add a lot of strain to other parts or would I have to also change other parts like struts and control arm or will it be ok with stock parts? Also would it be better if I just did one to keep stock parts?
I moved your post to the lift kit thread. You had posted in the all terrain tire thread.

261 - 280 of 313 Posts