2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape, 245/60-18 General tires with 40mm lift kit
48 Posts
It was 40mm if anything I would get custom 2" spacers (since another user has done that) before I put the springs in. Ride is not sacrificed. But you really are about maxed with a couple inches then you gain an inch if you up the tire by 2

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put on 235/65/17 Sailun terramax A/T with no lift kit and there is no rubbing. It's tight but it's all good. I think I will be putting a lift on it eventually.
Hello. I dig your Escape, I have the same one same color. My question is, what's the offset on your wheels? Thanks
Lifted using the H&R springs... Sitting on 235/60/18 Atturo Trail Blade XT... And I had to do a LOT of trimming inside the wheel wells. The lift actually made the tires rub worse than factory. But it was worth the trimming... No more rubbing and I love the look and capability of it now. View attachment 77323 View attachment 77322 View attachment 77321
How many inches did the H&R springs lift it? Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Escape, 245/60-18 General tires with 40mm lift kit
48 Posts
Lift kit can actually decrease your tire clearance. If you look at a center line on the face of your wheel which is the widest spot, it actually drops down to a tighter spot. With that said the tires you are discussing should be safe. I had to do a couple mods but really love the ride and ground clearance with the 245/60-18's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Would doing 40mm spacer on the front alone be good to level? Because I saw there is an issue with the back spacers popping out maybe unless i read that wrong pg.13

Also found a "new" lift kit on eBay from RU but different company

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, hoping to hear all the ways I can make my Escape lifted and be a bit better for off road adventures. Thanks in advance for advice.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,782 Posts
Hello, hoping to hear all the ways I can make my Escape lifted and be a bit better for off road adventures. Thanks in advance for advice. View attachment 78859
I merged your thread with one of the existing threads on this. Have a look at the other threads for help.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lifted using the H&R springs... Sitting on 235/60/18 Atturo Trail Blade XT... And I had to do a LOT of trimming inside the wheel wells. The lift actually made the tires rub worse than factory. But it was worth the trimming... No more rubbing and I love the look and capability of it now. View attachment 77323 View attachment 77322 View attachment 77321
When you installed the lifted springs (I assume 1.4" front and 0.8" rear?) do you have to replace the struts with ones that have 1.4" and 0.8" more travel respectively? Or do the stock struts work with those new springs? I'm thinking your option might be better than a leveling kit because it gives you more travel as well as clearance. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve been fallowing these posts for a while now and done a lot of digging. This will be my first post. My wife has a 2017 Ford Escape SE. She asked if there was any way to “lift” her ride a bit and possibly get better ride quality. So I searched hi and low, read these posts and acted. I ordered the 30mm front strut spacer from eBay and it took about a month to arrive. After thinking the spacer was never coming, I bought the H&R springs but sent them back because after reading so many so so reviews... it just wasn’t worth the hassle and extra money it might cost to make them work. Had the 30mm spacer installed along with new wheels and tires. I didn’t do anything to the rear. The ride originally had 19” wheels on 235/45 tires. I down sized the wheels to 17” and went with 235/65 AT tires. More rubber between the wheel and pavement is always better in my opinion. They did have a slight rub but a small amount of trimming took care of it. The Escape turned out great and think it definitely improved the ride quality tremendously!

·
Registered
2018 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0L Ecoboost 4WD
8 Posts
Opinions between the Tema 30mm vs Rising Tuning 40mm kit? I'd like a higher lift, but I see that the 30mm kit from Tema is well tested here.
Any notable issues I'd see during installation/ride/etc going with the higher lift instead?
Both seem to be from Russia so should I be concerned with the build quality from Rising Tuning since it doesn't look like there's much experience with it here?

Tema:
Rising Tuning:
I just ordered the 40mm Rising Tuning kit from eBay for my 2018 Escape. I have already purchased 1.5" hub centric wheel spacers and between those two changes I'm hoping to get 245/60/R18 Toyo Open Country A/T III's or BFG All Terrain T/A KO2's on without having to do more then minor (very) plastic trimming. Hoping I can talk a tire store into doing some trial fits for a small fee before ordering the rubber. Lift kit doesn't arrive until July and I want to find a pro shop here in SoCal to install for me, but will post back here my experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lifted using the H&R springs... Sitting on 235/60/18 Atturo Trail Blade XT... And I had to do a LOT of trimming inside the wheel wells. The lift actually made the tires rub worse than factory. But it was worth the trimming... No more rubbing and I love the look and capability of it now.
I really like the look of the nice low profile roof rack you have. Can you tell me which one it is? Looking for my 2018 Escape. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
What size tire were you able to end up going with?
Don't know yet. The lift kit won't be here until end of June or first of July. Once I have it installed I'll stop on by my friendly local tire shop and see what'll fit! The size I'm hoping for (245/60R18) will give me around 2" of tire height increase and about 1" of width.

·
Registered
8 Posts
40mm lift and new Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires installed. Was not able to go to a larger tire without cutting stuff in the front fender well so I stuck with the stock size of 235/50 R18. Little disappointed that I couldn't oversize the tires even with a 40mm lift and 1.5" wheel spacers but still pretty pleased with how it came out. Ended up with almost 2" of lift when measured from the ground straight up through the center of the wheel to the bottom side of the fender well. That still gives it as good or better clearance than the new Bronco sport (7.8" + 1.5" = 9.3"). Probably install a roof rack to hold a spare tire and drive it until my full size Bronco comes in (probably 2022). Going to try it out on a local trail tomorrow.

·
Registered
524 Posts
@Timhutch Looks good. You should know you can upsize just about any tire one size without rubbing issues (as I posted previously in the all terrain tires thread).
P235/55R17 > P235/60R17
P235/50R18 > P235/55R18
P235/45R19 > P245/50R19
I went up one size before even adding a lift and had no issues.
There are other sizes attempted successfully or with minimal difficulty, so check the AT Tires thread for more info...you'll get another 3/4" clearance upping the tires one size.

Just curious if TEMA had the same kit part # for Escapes built between 2013 and 2019 or have different kit part #'s for say the 2013-2015 years and the 2016 - 2019 years.
A lot of people here would be curious of that...because if the parts are the same, then that would automatically mean that any lift built for a 2013 - 2015 Escape would fit 2016 - 2019 ones as well.

Reactions: Gryffindor101

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi needliftnow. I believe it is the same kit. There's an TEMA item right now on eBay that lists this part as compatible on the 2013-2018 Escape. As per the link in my post above I purchased mine from AutoDVC in Russia. In hindsight, the 1.5" wheel spacers may have made fitting larger tires more difficult. Envision the front tires, when the front wheels are straight the spacers push the tires straight out from the body (a good thing). But when you turn the wheels, the spacers actually move the tires forward or rearward in the wheel well (a bad thing). I bet that if I removed the wheel spacers I could probably jump up one tire size but as it is now, the front tires have only a 1/4" or so of clearance when the steering is turned fully side to side. Took my little buggy out wheeling on some pretty serious stuff just today and it did great (the Rowler Flats trail here in SoCal).

Thanks for starting this thread and providing the encouragement to myself and others to get this done!

·
Registered
524 Posts
@Timhutch You're welcome. Because the Escape is actually a decent vehicle and with the price of new vehicles being ridiculous, installing a lift to make the Escape more usable is a bargain. It's nice that there are actual lift options for those who want to have more capabilities with their Escapes. It sure took enough time, right?!?! If I didn't have my lift custom made, I would have tried out a TEMA lift. But a few years ago, they really did not have a known combination of compatible parts and it would have been a little trial and error...with a shipping wait with each issue. Now TEMA has a ready-to-go kit, which is great.

That's good to know about the model year spread for the TEMA lift. I was often asked about Phat Matt's lift compatibility with 2016 - 2019 Escapes as mine was a 2014. I never had the answer and I thought there was slight strut-top size difference. If TEMA's part # is the same, then the strut top bolt locations must be the same and the center hole is also the same. That means that any custom lift like mine should also fit any Gen 3 Escape.

Wheel spacers would certainly throw in dynamics I did not run into on my Escape. See how you like the handling with your current setup. If you ever remove the wheel spacers and you think the handling is the same, then try out the slightly larger tires at that time.

As I mentioned a while ago, I have not had any real issues with the vehicle post-lift, and neither have others. I would have your mechanic check the CV joints at each oil change and make sure the hockey puck rear spacers haven't popped out of the "bowl" from riding on rough terrain. Other than that, enjoy your new capabilities!

Reactions: Gryffindor101

·
Registered
8 Posts
Definitely noticed a handling difference after the tires, wheels and 40mm lift installation. Higher CG means it's no longer the crisp canyon carver that it once was but for me it more than makes up for it by allowing access to off road trails that it couldn't touch before. After todays off roading trip am happier then ever I did this. Here's a pic at the top of the hill climbs looking all properly dusty!

Attachments

281 - 300 of 313 Posts