2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
887 Posts
Check the little hole on the back of the mirror and see if that has something shining into it like a phone on a dash mount.
The system uses the mirror sensor along with the sun load sensor sensor (little wart in the very front of the dash next to the windshield) and the adaptive cruise camera to determine lighting conditions.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Check the little hole on the back of the mirror and see if that has something shining into it like a phone on a dash mount.
The system uses the mirror sensor along with the sun load sensor sensor (little wart in the very front of the dash next to the windshield) and the adaptive cruise camera to determine lighting conditions.
Thanks . . . Hard to take pictures through glass but the one picture is the little wart sensor I think that you mentioned and the other picture showing up at the top with the smaller piece hanging down , I believe to be a sensor that is set back a little inside it. ,I cleaned both those sensors with tissue "just in case" there was something blocking them and the little hole in the back of the mirror seems to be open .
It bugs me when something that should be working so easily sometimes does not. . . I don't give up easy in my attempts to rectify a situation. I don't drive much at night anymore but it will be dark in about 3 hours of typing this so I am purposely going to go out on the highway and face some oncoming traffic to se it it is working now .
Hi Lo Sensor 1.jpg
Hi Lo Sensor 2.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
SUCCESS . . . . . Went out after dark and automatic lights are now working exactly as they should .
Of all the things tried I have no idea which one or combination of them did the trick . Perhaps never will know but thanks to all the kind people here that made suggestions in order to help .

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Hybrid with Premium Package Agate Black Metallic with Black Leather
41 Posts
SUCCESS . . . . . Went out after dark and automatic lights are now working exactly as they should .
Of all the things tried I have no idea which one or combination of them did the trick . Perhaps never will know but thanks to all the kind people here that made suggestions in order to help .
It was the toggle on off of the auto high beams. Haha jk. Glad you got it figured out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is an indicator on the dash when auto high beam is active. It is a white indicator of a light with an a in the middle. If it is not shown manually turn on the high beams and then turn them to low or use the flash to pass. It is like a toggle switch.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid
22 Posts
I didn't release that the auto high beams didn't work below 35mph. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The auto high beams are tricky. First off they will come on above 35mph but will stay on until you drop below 25mph (don't know what that is in kph). Turning them on and off is a toggle affair, when you manually turn them on look at the dash display and look for the white headlight indicator at the top center(ish). One time turning the highs on will turn on the auto setting an that indicator will be there, the next time you hit the manual switch it will turn auto off.
I don't remember it the car remembers where you left it or not, I think it does.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts