2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with the B&O System in their Titanium Escape's, are you guys experiencing an annoying rattling coming from the subwoofer at any volume? I had my dealer replace the subwoofer but the rattle is still present and even more annoying. They opened a case with Ford to see if there is a recommended fix. According to my service advisor, the rattling is coming from a loose module on the subwoofer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Exact same problem here !!
Took delivery Dec. 4 . Went to the dealer with the problem 2 weeks later . They said the sub was defective and replace the unit the following week . 2 weeks later took it back to dealer again with the same issue . This time they told me that the sub attachment was loose and needed to be tightened . It was Ok for a couple of weeks , but then the rattle sound slowly came back . Also , there is a very bad vibration sound with certain frequencies ; at any volume level . The service advisor's opinion is that there is not enough insulation material within the panel. I plan to bring it back in the next few weeks .

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same rattle, and my tech found a loose bracket...and another loose module behind the subwoofer. He added some strategically placed foam strips and the rattle is gone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what my service advisor told me, that the rattling is coming around a module on the subwoofer. Once i get a work back from him if Ford has a fix for it or not, i will take it back in to see if they can tighten the module and add some sort of foam or insulation to temporarily fix the problem. Hopefully Ford is aware of this issue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same vibration. What i want to know is how to remove the interior panel myself, take out the subwoofer, install sound deadening material, replace the subwoofer with something better, and run wires out to connect to a separate amp and a 12" Sub. I plan on doing it one way or another this summer when it warms up. When i do, I'll post photos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes please post pictures and how to remove the panel. i was thinking of removing the panel myself but im not sure how. if i do happen to get the dealer to fix it, i will post a comment on what the fix was.

·
Registered
37 Posts
For anyone who wants to replace the speakers in there 2020 Ford Escape, buy the 9.95 download of installation instructions from Crutchfield. They are detailed with pictures, how to remove all the speakers including the 6x9 subwoofer in the rear. The speakers look exactly like the ones i removed from my 2016 Ford Focus with the premium sound system. They are cheap Chinese speakers with tiny speakers from the looks of the pictures from Crutchfield. The door panel removals look exactly like the 2016 ford focus you tube videos i watched....screws in the same spots.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I noticed this issue a few weeks ago. It's intermittent. It could be happening more often, but I usually have the music turned up too loud to hear it happening. It definitely sounds like a vibration issue. I'm not making a special trip to the dealer over it (yet).

·
Registered
37 Posts
the issue is the subwoofer is screwed in by 4 screws into a plastic shell. The screws loosen up. In my subwoofer thread i have pictures of it. i tightened the screws and they loosened up again after playing a lot of bass. I bought some thread lock on amazon for plastic but haven't tried it yet, possibly this weekend. if you take it to the dealer and all they do is tighten the screws, it will loosen up again...just saying... thread lock.......

·
Registered
49 Posts
the issue is the subwoofer is screwed in by 4 screws into a plastic shell. The screws loosen up. In my subwoofer thread i have pictures of it. i tightened the screws and they loosened up again after playing a lot of bass. I bought some thread lock on amazon for plastic but haven't tried it yet, possibly this weekend. if you take it to the dealer and all they do is tighten the screws, it will loosen up again...just saying... thread lock.......
This is very helpful, thanks. I'll check-out your thread and work it myself if possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would be interested in hearing how this turns out as well.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid Titanium
84 Posts
In my case, after the dealer tightened the screws there was no buzz when I tried it in the lot. Within a mile of leaving the dealership, the buzz started up again, albeit not as badly as before. This is a design issue, it seems. I wonder if Ford will care enough to actually find a permanent fix. For me, it's distracting enough that if it can't be resolved, I'd disconnect the subwoofer rather than listen to the buzz everytime I listen to the audio system.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts