2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD Titanium Anti Matter Blue
17 Posts
I'll generate some tones in Adobe and see what I get.

I think all of my current rattle may be in the doors at this point.

It is triggered by regular drumbeats the most... Not 808 deep bass, but just a normal drum.

Billie Eilish/Therefore I Am resonates in my passenger door like crazy.
Thanks to you that is the exact song that I used to convince the service manager that I did indeed have a problem!!! That song drives the vibration crazy! I suggest that anyone else having this issue to use that song to verify your problem!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2020 Escape Titanium is in a dealership for the 3rd time with the sub rattling issue. I’ve also called Ford several times to complain. I’ve talked to both Ford and the dealership about things I’ve read online including this forum and it still hasn’t been permanently fixed. I’ve attempted to get into the back panel myself twice now but I’m afraid I’m going to break something. I hate to keep taking it into the dealership, but it’s a warranty issue and they need to issue a tech advisory or something. No matter how loud or quiet I listen to music, I can hear it and it sucks. Still waiting on a call from them this time but I asked them to call Ford themselves and see if there have been any updates.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2020 Escape Titanium is in a dealership for the 3rd time with the sub rattling issue. I’ve also called Ford several times to complain. I’ve talked to both Ford and the dealership about things I’ve read online including this forum and it still hasn’t been permanently fixed. I’ve attempted to get into the back panel myself twice now but I’m afraid I’m going to break something. I hate to keep taking it into the dealership, but it’s a warranty issue and they need to issue a tech advisory or something. No matter how loud or quiet I listen to music, I can hear it and it sucks. Still waiting on a call from them this time but I asked them to call Ford themselves and see if there have been any updates.
Wow that sucks! I too have had my 2021 back 3 times to the service department! We really need Ford to step up and issue a TSB so these guys can properly fix it. Mine is much better now but i can still hear it on certain songs! Keep the pressure on them

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium/AWD
150 Posts
Wow that sucks! I too have had my 2021 back 3 times to the service department! We really need Ford to step up and issue a TSB so these guys can properly fix it. Mine is much better now but i can still hear it on certain songs! Keep the pressure on them
I really doubt there will ever be a fix from them on this issue. If it gets fixed right, it will likely be you or someone who does car installation to do it.

They will fix it for you 3 or 4 times, then blame it on Ford.

The best way to try to get a Ford solution is everyone affected to open a case with Ford.

·
Registered
2020 Escape Hybrid Titanium
370 Posts
... I’ve attempted to get into the back panel myself twice now but I’m afraid I’m going to break something. ...
Get the Crutchfield instructions if concerned. I found the smaller panels were fastened with robust metal clips. The foam has push-on fasteners. The side panel has a power connector and cable strain relief to remove, but you don't need to remove the large panel itself. On a second try, I'd leave the front of the panel alone and only open the back. The bracket I bent was upper rear, so easy to access.

Can't say what you'd need to do if there's no bracket. Anyone have a clue?

I don't buy the idea the fasteners are the problem, since mine were quiet. Let's see what I get as the miles pile up. YMMV, as they say.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really doubt there will ever be a fix from them on this issue. If it gets fixed right, it will likely be you or someone who does car installation to do it.

They will fix it for you 3 or 4 times, then blame it on Ford.

The best way to try to get a Ford solution is everyone affected to open a case with Ford.
Agreed! Good luck with your search for a new vehicle!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Agreed! Good luck with your search for a new vehicle!
Thanks. A couple of people in this thread do seem to have found permanent solutions.

I was sad to find out the 2021's have this issue as well, since it means they haven't taken notice of it.

I would literally try to move into another Escape if that were 'fixed'. I'm keeping my options open, but I've just always been an Escape fan since my first drive in 2007. Good value and features for the price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. A couple of people in this thread do seem to have found permanent solutions.

I was sad to find out the 2021's have this issue as well, since it means they haven't taken notice of it.

I would literally try to move into another Escape if that were 'fixed'. I'm keeping my options open, but I've just always been an Escape fan since my first drive in 2007. Good value and features for the price.
Maybe you should go and check one out and see if it still has this issue. You certainly know what songs to play to test it out! Mine did it from Day 1...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hmmm....our 2020 Titanium has had this issue since day one. Glad I searched for this and thanks for the suggestions so far. Had it since Feb of this year and has about 1500 miles on it. Its obvious to me that taking it in to the dealer will not get anything accomplished. I might tackle this myself. I'm savvy with interior panels and have all the trim tools so shouldn't be too bad. That "Sub" almost looks like a an old school 6x9 to me judging by the pics in this thread. Maybe with some rubber grommets, some modification to the mounting hardware and that bracket someone had said they modified it might help. Nothing I'm scared to do, its all out of sight anyway.

Just wondering...has anyone tried something like this??

·
Registered
370 Posts
...Just wondering...has anyone tried something like this??

Not a good idea. Per the link, these baffles are: "... providing a sealed chamber..."

This would cut the driver off from its resonance chamber in the fender and likely kill the bass.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm....our 2020 Titanium has had this issue since day one. Glad I searched for this and thanks for the suggestions so far. Had it since Feb of this year and has about 1500 miles on it. Its obvious to me that taking it in to the dealer will not get anything accomplished. I might tackle this myself. I'm savvy with interior panels and have all the trim tools so shouldn't be too bad. That "Sub" almost looks like a an old school 6x9 to me judging by the pics in this thread. Maybe with some rubber grommets, some modification to the mounting hardware and that bracket someone had said they modified it might help. Nothing I'm scared to do, its all out of sight anyway.

Just wondering...has anyone tried something like this??

thanks for sharing this! Please let us know how you make out if you decide to do this...Appreciate your input

·
Registered
3 Posts
Man, I am so thankful I found this thread because I was going nuts over here. Same thing as everyone else - been back and forth to the dealership FOUR TIMES and they won't do anything. I showed them that frequency app (HUGE thanks for that tip) but they threw their hands up and said "it's not our problem since it's a universal issue."

I called Ford yesterday and will continue to call and complain. Has anyone made any headway on that front, or is Ford giving you the run-around?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am thankful I found this thread as well. Currently at the dealer for this issue as I type. I purchased a 2020 hybrid demo a few weeks ago and noticed the issue.
Mechanic first said this was what subwoofers sounded like. What a joke that is. manager involved and they are taking a look now.

·
Registered
370 Posts
(Wrote this yesterday, and I'll still post it.)

they threw their hands up and said "it's not our problem since it's a universal issue."
Well, then, convince them.

Set the subwoofer to the peak rattle frequency then record the sound from the subwoofer.

Next time you take the car in, play the recording continuously when you're in the service department. When they ask you to turn it off, reply: "I've brought my car in to have this fixed FOUR TIMES and it still rattles when I drive. I don't like it any more than you do." If they fail to respond in the desired manner, (nasty stuff deleted).

I bought a car with a block heater, but the factory failed to route the harness. The third time, I took the SA out to one of the diesels to show them a block heater harness installed properly. It worked.

And I am regularly reminded just how well this subwoofer works. Very glad I tore it apart myself. The rattle is gone and adding fill to the driver's resonance chamber had the expected benefits.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update for today: Unfortunately the dealer was useless. They looked at other models on lot and said they all had the same issue. This is crazy. What is ford doing?

I am going to try a different dealer this weekend and see what they can do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having the SAME issues on my Ford Escape Titanium as well. I've had this in the shop 6 times for them to look/work on it. I've had the subwoofer replaced twice now as well as the rear speaker once. Ford needs to add additional insolation, redesign the mounts, something...

Also, I've heard a constant "popping" sound coming from my truck area when I drive. Loose panel maybe? I don't know. Surprise Ford in Arizona has looked at this car several times and hasn't been able to fix anything.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm having the SAME issues on my Ford Escape Titanium as well. I've had this in the shop 6 times for them to look/work on it. I've had the subwoofer replaced twice now as well as the rear speaker once. Ford needs to add additional insolation, redesign the mounts, something...

Also, I've heard a constant "popping" sound coming from my truck area when I drive. Loose panel maybe? I don't know. Surprise Ford in Arizona has looked at this car several times and hasn't been able to fix anything.
I had that in mine and it came back. Mine was more predominant when I hit a slight bump.

First time, it was loose bolts in the inner fender well in the back. Another person fixed his by tightening those after I told him that.

You might check them...

If not that, there are modules near the subwoofer that also rattle loose. Mine weren't 'even finger tight' on a passenger control module, I believe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That opinion was formed listening to a test run after reassembly, before I buttoned up the covers, and with three doors and a hatch open. No cabin gain.

Today I listened to one of my test songs in a closed car and it's turned out wonderfully. No rattles at the highest levels I'll use, and a high degree of musicality when I was worried about one-note bass. It's a definite improvement. My test song is "Light Through the Veins" by Jon Hopkin. It's a "tone poem" played in many octaves, including low- and mid-bass. The subwoofer test is hearing separate tones in these octaves. It does pretty well above the bottom octave, which reveals limitations of both loudspeaker and listener.

Anyway to make a youtube video of this and post a link? I'd be happy to try this myself but I know nothing about cars or audio stuff.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts