2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wrestled with this task over the weekend.
None of my bolts were loose at all. But I did fix the rattle.

I cut out, and put 1.5mm 3M adhesive (single side) foam padding between all mount points for the sub, and the module behind it. So the 4 mounts for the sub, and the 2 4" or so long sections of the module that mounts to the super thin metal back there.

Rattle 95% gone. I mean the metal they use is soo thin, of course it's going to rattle. Not sure what the designers where thinking (cost I'm sure)

Glad I can actually turn up my system now and not hear just rattle.

Now if they'd just fix the volume compensation to do something proper lol.

Reactions: cavalierrs

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2021 Titanium hybrid that had the same problem. Mine has the module with the bracket. I put vibration dampening material all around as suggested in earlier posts and it made it better. The vibration noise came back after a short time. This time I found out that the bracket was what was the problem. The foam tape I had used was not working so I needed more. The only thing I have is the sound dampening material so used that. I put a strip between the bracket and the car around the bolts and that did the trick.

·
Registered
2021 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD Titanium Anti Matter Blue
21 Posts
I have a 2021 Titanium hybrid that had the same problem. Mine has the module with the bracket. I put vibration dampening material all around as suggested in earlier posts and it made it better. The vibration noise came back after a short time. This time I found out that the bracket was what was the problem. The foam tape I had used was not working so I needed more. The only thing I have is the sound dampening material so used that. I put a strip between the bracket and the car around the bolts and that did the trick.
Thanks for sharing! I wish Ford would put out a TSB for this issue...there has to be more than those who have posted this problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So my initial fix at the dealership many months ago still holds, no rattle for about 4k miles so far. Of course it helped when the advisor actually asked me to demonstrate the issue, and immediately realized what went wrong. While I don't have detailed repair info, he said that they put a lot of sound dampening material around the subwoofer, and they also noticed that the trunk hatch would rattle when driving or playing music, so they fixed that also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2021 Titanium Hybrid yesterday. Had a bit of subwoofer rattle but only on specific songs and frequency ranges. Hoping it doesn't get worse over time!

·
Registered
2021 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD Titanium Anti Matter Blue
21 Posts
Just took delivery of a 2021 Titanium Hybrid yesterday. Had a bit of subwoofer rattle but only on specific songs and frequency ranges. Hoping it doesn't get worse over time!
Mine got worse...I suggest taking it immediately to your dealer to document the problem. Also, read thru this thread as there is some really great posts on figuring out what frequencies cause the most distortion. This really needs to get up the chain at Ford to get a TSB issued.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine did.
Mine got worse...I suggest taking it immediately to your dealer to document the problem. Also, read thru this thread as there is some really great posts on figuring out what frequencies cause the most distortion. This really needs to get up the chain at Ford to get a TSB issued.
Thank you both. Will document with the referenced tracks and compile a list of solutions from this thread. I'll report back when I get to taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 Ecoboost AWD / 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium MT-82
53 Posts
Just took delivery of 2021 Titanium on the 14th. Sub rattles like crazy. I guess the factory is not told of warranty problems so they can be fixed.

Just joined this forum a couple of days ago.

Mike B.
Just had my fourth repair and still rattling badly. Supposedly the dealership replaced the sub every time and last time they replaced the amp as well. I honestly think it is some mounting hardware and not the sub.

·
Registered
2020 Escape AWD Hybrid Titanium
559 Posts
Just had my fourth repair and still rattling badly.
When replacing the sub, the dealership is so close to getting this right... so close.

Doing so required the use of a frequency generator app to feed the resonant frequency through the system with the subwoofer exposed. Then touch things until the rattle stops. Next steps depend on what you had to touch. My rattle was due to a mechanical interference, and my fix was bending the bracket mounting a module just above the sub.

That last part is important because a lot of people with a rattle were missing the bracket I bent. There are multiple causes. Each car needs a functional diagnosis.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 Ecoboost AWD / 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium MT-82
53 Posts
When replacing the sub, the dealership is so close to getting this right... so close.

Doing so required the use of a frequency generator app to feed the resonant frequency through the system with the subwoofer exposed. Then touch things until the rattle stops. Next steps depend on what you had to touch. My rattle was due to a mechanical interference, and my fix was bending the bracket mounting a module just above the sub.

That last part is important because a lot of people with a rattle were missing the bracket I bent. There are multiple causes. Each car needs a functional diagnosis.
It's actually rattling on volume number 4 and on regular songs that are not bass heavy. I have zero confidence it'll ever be fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just had my fourth repair and still rattling badly. Supposedly the dealership replaced the sub every time and last time they replaced the amp as well. I honestly think it is some mounting hardware and not the sub.
It is most definitely the hardware. Replacing the sub and the amps will not fix it. Read the other posts in this thread and you will see what others have done. It took three tries for me before I got 99% of the vibration noise eliminated. The other one percent is for the doors, but I am okay with that part because they don't vibrate near as much and I rarely turn the volume up that high.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same here, 425 miles and I cant "jam" .. I ordered this about 2 months ago. love the SUV. after reading the posts here i took it to service and 1st thing was to replace the sub. talked to my advisor today and bookmarked some of the posts here to say its not the sub its the install.. will give update soon. good news is no marble sounds in the motor!!

161 - 174 of 174 Posts