2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that the images seen through my rear view camera is not very sharp. It seems "cloudy"? I've cleaned it several times to no avail. Maybe if the lens cover was glass instead of plastic the view might be sharper/crisper? Anyone else notice this? :eek:

·
Registered
724 Posts
I don't think I've noticed any cloudiness in the image. When it did look cloudy, it was due to built up grime but would look normal after cleaning it. It's not the clearest image since it's not an HD camera, it does look a little blurry but that's expected from the backup camera.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Normal here. The only "cloudy" time I'd say is when there's a lot of sun on the screen and it washes out the image a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've only ever used plain water.
Same here, I've used just a napkin (usually one of those blue shop towels) and some water when it gets real grimy. This is usually after some snow here when the roads get slushy or after driving through some dusty roads in the mountains. Other than that, it will get cleaned with Meguiar's car wash and a wash mitt when I wash the car.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Post up a photo, maybe there is something wrong and it can be replaced under warranty.

I'm sorry but I don't have the technology to do that, no digital camera. No cell phone either LOL
I'll ask the Ford service advisor next time I'm in. Thanks :nerd:

·
Super Moderator
5,704 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't have the technology to do that, no digital camera. No cell phone either LOL
I'll ask the Ford service advisor next time I'm in. Thanks :nerd:

There is also another thread on here with the same issue, if you do a search.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
5,704 Posts
what "era" do you live in?

I am 67 years old I live in today's world!! not in the past

Where you just stating a random thought that came in your head, or where you actually replying to someone?

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find that the images seen through my rear view camera is not very sharp. It seems "cloudy"? I've cleaned it several times to no avail. Maybe if the lens cover was glass instead of plastic the view might be sharper/crisper? Anyone else notice this? :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
My back up cam. Had dealer look at it they said they couldn't find anything wrong. Its clearly (haha) blurry. I drive other vehicles with crystal clear back up cams.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts