2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2013 titanium used over a year ago. It seemed to me the BU camera was blurry and not very clear. Went to the dealer for a recall 8 months ago and had them look at it.
They made excuses that was the way they were and it probably was scratched from car washes, etc.
I went back a couple of weeks ago for the RCM recall and mentioned it again. This tech agreed there was a issue and a new camera was installed under warranty.
100% better quality now compared to the original. I've attached a couple of B4 and after pics. Hope they show up so you can see the difference.
Wireman

·
Registered
15 Posts
Back Up camera

I have a 2013 Escape and have had it in the dealership for the Back Up Camera 3 times. We bought the car new and for the first year the back up camera was fine. The car is at the dealer as we speak. They are telling me its normal for the screen to be foggy and not clear. It seems to be getting worse. I also have a 2014 C Max and that camera is crystal clear. I hope they finally do something about it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same B.S. I heard the first time. Insist they fix it B4 your warranty expires.

There is no comparison between the old camera and the new with the quality of the picture. I guess the pics didn't show up. I'll try again. It's even better than the photos show. Wireman

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know how it turns out. I think you will see quite a difference. Wireman

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Same B.S. I heard the first time. Insist they fix it B4 your warranty expires.

Thank you VERY much for this information. I will be contacting my dealer ASAP and I'll report back when it's fixed.
This forum is AWESOME

1 - 7 of 7 Posts