2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just purchased a 2016 Ford Escape SE with 38,000 miles on it. Had a full tank of gas when I bought it. I drove 236 miles of freeway to get home and had to add fuel. Fill-up was almost 13 gallons! 230 miles and it used 13 gallons. Yikes! Yes the air filter is clean, checked it. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,833 Posts
Hello, just purchased a 2016 Ford Escape SE with 38,000 miles on it. Had a full tank of gas when I bought it. I drove 236 miles of freeway to get home and had to add fuel. Fill-up was almost 13 gallons! 230 miles and it used 13 gallons. Yikes! Yes the air filter is clean, checked it. Any suggestions?
Welcome to the forum. I moved your thread to the 3G Fuel Economy sub forum. The New Member Intro is just for introducing yourself and your Escape.

While you wait for someone to respond to your thread, you can search the forum. There is existing information on poor file economy. You might get some help from be of the existing threads.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
1,576 Posts
First question would be what was in the tank to begin with.
On my daughter's 2014 Ti she get's her best gas mileage (22/27) here in KY on Shell & BP, that said anytime she gets gas in Illinois where regular gas is at the E15 max she loses 3-4 mpg.

·
Registered
2017 White/Gold Titanium 2.0 AWD
111 Posts
You may want to include some info on your engine/driveline combination.
You need to know if the tank was really full when you left. It may have been on the full mark but have been driven some mileage before delivery. Your figures show 18 MPG. (236/13).
I would wait and see your next fill-up results. Remember winter formula gasoline is in and check your tire pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts