2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The short version: I have a 2013 Ford Escape SEL. In early July, I had 60,000 mile service completed at my dealership. A week later, went out on a Saturday and wouldn't start. Had it jumped by Triple AAA and took to dealer to get battery replaced since I figured it was time, 60,000 miles.

Two weeks later, I go out to start vehicle and it won't start. Take to dealership, they keep it for a few days and can't find anything wrong. Vehicle returned.

Another week later, car won't start again. This time dealership keeps car for almost three weeks trying to replicate what happened to me. They finally do, a couple of times, but eventually decide just another bad battery and send me on my way with a new battery.

You guessed it, four weeks later, car won't start. Battery is completely drained. I'm back at dealership and have gotten Ford involved. Vehicle has been there for a week and a half, yesterday battery was totally drained. Today, vehicle started fine.

My gut tells me something is draining the battery, but what? They are checking all the systems daily, but there has to be something that's been missed.

Any advice?

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
This has made the rounds. i just googled "battery drain ford escape".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YouTube video

Yes, I found this on Google too the first time. And I shared it with the dealer. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
If you have the glass roof on the early 2013 the shade motors could drain the battery. Also when changing the battery there is a battery reset procedure. But it sounds like all that of should have been covered.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,714 Posts
The short version: I have a 2013 Ford Escape SEL. In early July, I had 60,000 mile service completed at my dealership. A week later, went out on a Saturday and wouldn't start. Had it jumped by Triple AAA and took to dealer to get battery replaced since I figured it was time, 60,000 miles.

Two weeks later, I go out to start vehicle and it won't start. Take to dealership, they keep it for a few days and can't find anything wrong. Vehicle returned.

Another week later, car won't start again. This time dealership keeps car for almost three weeks trying to replicate what happened to me. They finally do, a couple of times, but eventually decide just another bad battery and send me on my way with a new battery.

You guessed it, four weeks later, car won't start. Battery is completely drained. I'm back at dealership and have gotten Ford involved. Vehicle has been there for a week and a half, yesterday battery was totally drained. Today, vehicle started fine.

My gut tells me something is draining the battery, but what? They are checking all the systems daily, but there has to be something that's been missed.

Any advice?
Here are some existing threads on battery issues. There are more if you do a search. Hopefully one of these will help you out.

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/2013-2016-escape-general-discussion-forum/38881-2013-escape-dead-battery.html

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/new-member-introductions/49457-battery-will-not-keep-charge.html

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/2013-2016-escape-general-discussion-forum/59674-help-my-battery-keeps-dying.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Escape SE and I used to be able to listen to music on it while it was off. I can still do that but now the battery drains after the 1st song. I find it annoying as hell because I like to listen to music while I wash it, work on it etc... The battery is brand new (bought it two weeks ago). Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
2014 Ford Escape Titanium, 2.0L, Sync 2 MFT
5,714 Posts
I have a 2013 Escape SE and I used to be able to listen to music on it while it was off. I can still do that but now the battery drains after the 1st song. I find it annoying as hell because I like to listen to music while I wash it, work on it etc... The battery is brand new (bought it two weeks ago). Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I merged your thread with one of the existing threads on this topic. Have a look at the other threads for some possible help.

Do you know if the BMS was reset when the battery was replaced?

Here is a thread on resetting the BMS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts