2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read through the "put a bigger battery in your escape" post... some good stuff there.

a few questions... Can I reset the Battery Monitor and Battery age using Forscan or even better yet using Torque Pro on my Android phone?

anyone have any thoughts on that or a procedure?

AJ

·
Super Moderator
2,079 Posts
ForScan will do it. Search BMS reset and you should get heaps of hits with info. ForScan works on mobiles too.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Also ask your dealer to quote a replacement price. Check the Ford web site for discount coupons. They frequently run battery specials. Ask the service desk to check, too.

I priced out a battery at Autozone.

I let the dealership do it after they quoted me a very competitive price.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
I was just charged $25 by ford service for the BMS reset.
I got mine reduced by complaining but then I asked up front if cost included BMS reset. This was several years ago and they did not know much about it. I brought copy of WSM. Instead of resetting the BMS they flashed everything in the BCM. THEY NOW KNOW WHAT TO DO.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I ithnk $25 is reasonable since it takes time and overhead of three employees. 1) team leader check in, 2) technician, 3) cashier. Also I can always count on Landmark Ford service dept to do it right.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
I changed my battery last week air box method, 30 mins total time. No issues. Bms reset using 8 hr lock method. Works good. The battery ground was hard, probably stripped at factory.

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
I changed my battery last week air box method, 30 mins total time. No issues. Bms reset using 8 hr lock method. Works good. The battery ground was hard, probably stripped at factory.
Is the "eight hour lock method" in the WSM? You need a dealer or Forscan to reset.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Th "Electrical Energy Management System" calibrates the battery state of charge after 4-6 hours in the sleep mode. This is not the "Battery Monitoring System". If the vehicle battery is replaced it is very important to perform the BMS reset using a diagnostic scan tool. No other way. If the reset isn't performed the system holds the old battery parameters and time in service counter in memory. Your battery will likely not last as long as it should.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Th "Electrical Energy Management System" calibrates the battery state of charge after 4-6 hours in the sleep mode. This is not the "Battery Monitoring System". If the vehicle battery is replaced it is very important to perform the BMS reset using a diagnostic scan tool. No other way. If the reset isn't performed the system holds the old battery parameters and time in service counter in memory. Your battery will likely not last as long as it should.
If I have not done BMS (was not aware of this), can I do it now? The batteries were replaced Sep-2019 (2014 Focus) and Jun-2018 (2013 Escape).

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
If I have not done BMS (was not aware of this), can I do it now? The batteries were replaced Sep-2019 (2014 Focus) and Jun-2018 (2013 Escape).
The answer is yes probably. Check out the many threads where thus has been discussed in detail.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would give your ford service dept a call and get their take on it. I think it would be best to perform the reset.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts