2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yawl, so i got 2019 Escape SE and just hooked up a aftermarket car audio system and wanted to upgrade my positive battery terminal itself from the one on there. I have two questions about this.
1- i can disconnect just the negative jumper cable that goes from neg terminal to chassis thats used for jumpstarting vehicle etc. Instead of removing wipers and clips and all that to remove actual terminal. So i can safely work on the positive terminal?!
2- and as far as changing positive terminal. It doenst seem to have any fused link ir anything, can i just cut the cable and reattach to my new terminal? Or would i run into oem problems? Which i should instead get a terminal upgrade with a side post attachment to where i can just reattach the entire positive terminal as is to side post of new one, then attach it to battery with wiring for amps coming off it?!

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,422 Posts
i can disconnect just the negative jumper cable that goes from neg terminal to chassis thats used for jumpstarting vehicle etc. Instead of removing wipers and clips and all that to remove actual terminal. So i can safely work on the positive terminal?!
Yes. Insulate and secure it somehow as it can move around and might accidentally make a connection to the chassis.

Try and avoid cutting the positive clamp off. I've got a feeling the cable is bolted to the clamp; I'm not sure if there's a fuse integrated in it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts