2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SEL
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright yesterday my escape became out of alignment. There was a clunk coming from the rear passenger over bumps. My tire looked pushed toward the mud flap and I saw part of the suspension bent aka the trailing arm through the tire. How in the hell did that happen, I have 2000 miles on no off roading and I’ve got no potholes or curbs. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow but I’m just concerned they’re going to say I caused it. Anyone have anything similar happen?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
it is actually bent (other than the shape it came in)?

how does it compare to the other side?

the trailing arm is a "control blade" design. its supposed to flex., other wise with the other control arms, it would be too constrained to move.

the trailing arm provides fore and aft positioning and the arc for the wheel travel during compression. the 2 other lateral links provide for lateral positioning and control the toe and camber curves.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SEL
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: it was bent, very bad. Had my shop I’ve used for 30 years look first. But I can’t prove anything to the ford dealership as I’ve driven for 2000 miles already and just had the issue 3 days ago. Sigh it was probably when they pulled it off the drop off truck. 900$ repair

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
You didn't have a warranty on it?

·
Registered
2017 White/Gold Titanium 2.0 AWD
51 Posts
You didn't have a warranty on it?
This is accident damage. Ford isn't responsible for accidents. (unless they forgot to tighten the steering wheel and it came off)
What do you mean by the drop off truck? Who delivered the car? You can try t hold them responsible for the damage but it will be hard to prove and you know they will deny it.😞

·
Registered
2020 Ford Escape SEL
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is accident damage. Ford isn't responsible for accidents. (unless they forgot to tighten the steering wheel and it came off)
What do you mean by the drop off truck? Who delivered the car? You can try t hold them responsible for the damage but it will be hard to prove and you know they will deny it.😞
Yeah that’s why I’m not even going to try, when I called the dealer they said they wouldn’t look at it for 4 weeks

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I do, the bumper to bumper for 3 years or 36000 miles, but I can’t prove that I didn’t cause the damage or that they did
I see. Well I hope you had insurance at least.

I had the same thing happen to my 2013 Escape and luckily enough my insurance agreed to pay for most of it. I guess I that's why I hope you had it covered some how.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it's an arm, or hard part you are looking for, have your shop give you the specific detail/name on the part, search in
www.car-part.com
It's a network of salvage yards, and car parts are a fraction of the price of a new one, but genuine OEM, for newer vehicles. Sometimes, the there are other model Fords/Lincoln, that will share the same parts.
Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts