2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford escape AWD titanium
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent a couple hours today putting in my throttle body spacer and wiring up my boost gauge The one thing that I could not do though was actually hook up the hose so it can reference vacuum and boost because these didn't come with anything but plugs and it only has 1/8" in NPT and no one makes a 1/8 NPT with a 1/8 barb and that's what I need to hook it up to my hose so here's a picture of what it looks like just it's not actually referencing booster vacuum right now until I can order one and almost no one has them that I can find The only one I found so far was like 13 bucks from a pool supply place or I can buy one of the eBay cheap little vacuum blocks and just use one of those and then I have extras for later for a little more I'm still deciding. Oh and I made it so that everything about this gauge is not permanent so it can all be taken off when I sell it if the next person doesn't want it so it's pretty easy to do I think I know if he's in fuse 28 in the fuse blocks with a micro fuse out of fuse It was one of the ones that's not used It was basically the only one that actually had power to it and it actually had power on one prong It looked like

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I spent a couple hours today putting in my throttle body spacer and wiring up my boost gauge The one thing that I could not do though was actually hook up the hose so it can reference vacuum and boost because these didn't come with anything but plugs and it only has 1/8" in NPT and no one makes a 1/8 NPT with a 1/8 barb and that's what I need to hook it up to my hose so here's a picture of what it looks like just it's not actually referencing booster vacuum right now until I can order one and almost no one has them that I can find The only one I found so far was like 13 bucks from a pool supply place or I can buy one of the eBay cheap little vacuum blocks and just use one of those and then I have extras for later for a little more I'm still deciding. Oh and I made it so that everything about this gauge is not permanent so it can all be taken off when I sell it if the next person doesn't want it so it's pretty easy to do I think I know if he's in fuse 28 in the fuse blocks with a micro fuse out of fuse It was one of the ones that's not used It was basically the only one that actually had power to it and it actually had power on one prong It looked like
Which brand boost gauge did you get and did you finish install?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just one on eBay I don't remember I think it's like glow something but I've used them in other builds and they're the best cheap gauges that I've had I've compared them with like a.m. and they've always been very similar accuracy wise and I like the way they look I prefer digital they're just easier to read for me too and yeah it's done the only thing I didn't do was do a permanent mount so that when I sell it in case whoever buys it doesn't want it there can just come out without any holes in the dash or whatever there's a picture of where I put it this way it doesn't really block anything except for the dummy light for if the lights are on

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's just one on eBay I don't remember I think it's like glow something but I've used them in other builds and they're the best cheap gauges that I've had I've compared them with like a.m. and they've always been very similar accuracy wise and I like the way they look I prefer digital they're just easier to read for me too and yeah it's done the only thing I didn't do was do a permanent mount so that when I sell it in case whoever buys it doesn't want it there can just come out without any holes in the dash or whatever there's a picture of where I put it this way it doesn't really block anything except for the dummy light for if the lights are on
Looks good, I'm looking to get one soon, also looking to add some boost via Livernois tune, CAI.....
Have you messed around with any of the programs for extra boost?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to be going with the unleashed tuning I was going to buy it like 2 months ago but I got two big speeding tickets in a row luckily the cops were nice so I didn't get criminal speeding or anything but one he put down is 93 in a 75 and the other was put down as 82 in a 65 on that one I thought it was still 75 anyways they basically added up to what I was going to spend on the tuner or really a little more but I'm getting my tax return in like a week so I'm going to buy the unleashed tuner from I think their name is Tori. and I was thinking about doing a cold air intake just because the stock one has a bunch of weird bends and it smooshes down and stuff but even with all that I don't see the benefits being there. So what I'm probably going to do after I get the tuner is work on some port work on the head I'm going to try and not really knife edge but smooth out those flat walls that are in between each of the intake ports and then see what I can do on the exhaust side cuz really the intake ports look pretty damn good even stock so I probably won't do much on the intake side besides that knife edging and I haven't looked at my exhaust port so I don't know what I'm going to do there but if there's any flaws or anything home see what I can do to fix that. and then once that's done I'll probably go to an intercooler kit and a custom tune I just don't really feel like messing with welding and stuff or I'd do the exhaust although if I have the funds I might see if I can put in a high flow cat. but I'm a poor student right now so I really have to limit what I can do and I want to put some off-road tires and a lift on the scale cuz I go hunting and camping and hiking a lot and that alone is going to cost me probably a thousand bucks depending on if I have to go with the nittos or if I can get the falcon ATW threes in the right size. so performance wise I'm not going to be doing too much until I finish school next May. But that's basically the plan once I get the tuner I'll see how that feels and if it's good enough I'll do my lift and off road tires and then go back and do the port work but it's all kind of up in the air right now The only thing for sure is I'm getting a tuner in like a week or so.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my tuner from unleashed just waiting hear back with tune

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice, I got a tune from livernois, should be in the next few days. I’ve done the CAI and 160 thermostat so far, and installed a boost gauge.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only thing I don't like about livernois tuner is it can't be remarried to other car if you want to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts