2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
My owner's service book and Ford maintenance schedule says to change it every second service or every 2 years.

I would have thought this info would be the same in Ford service books etc. worldwide.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Yes, I'd be interested to know when or if I should change my brake fluid. :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
There are brake fluid testers out there that indicate the amount of moisture in your fluid..I just bought one and tested mine at 2 1/2 yrs and indicated no moisture at all...Has like 3-4 levels of moisture levels...
Tested it with plain water, and it does show up as the highest level...

·
Registered
755 Posts
There are conflicting opinions on when to change brake fluid. Ford servicing schedules will tell you every 2 years and that seems to be the general concensus on previous threads here on this subject.
Could be a money grab by Ford but I change mine every 2 years just to be on the safe side.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
There are conflicting opinions on when to change brake fluid. Ford servicing schedules will tell you every 2 years and that seems to be the general consensus on previous threads here on this subject.
Could be a money grab by Ford but I change mine every 2 years just to be on the safe side.
Re: money grab by Ford. Seems odd that Ford would say 2 years for brake fluid yet lifetime for tranny fluid. Mine is 3 y/o, will change it at next service. :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: money grab by Ford. Seems odd that Ford would say 2 years for brake fluid yet lifetime for tranny fluid. Mine is 3 y/o, will change it at next service. :)
Yeah...I don't understand that either but many other car manufacturers also give very long intervals for trannie fluid change and tell you your diff oil never needs changing as it is a sealed unit....go figure.. :rolleyes:

Probably a good guide.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts