2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently bought a 2013 FWD Ford Escape from a Toyota dealership and I’ve been having an issue with my brake pedal rattling when I am accelerating between 10-60 mph. It never rattles when I am hitting my brake nor does the steering wheel shake when I brake. It almost feels loose and that something underneath the hood is causing it to rattle on smooth and bumpy roads. When I release the brake after driving it a certain distance my brake pedal flings up like a loose door spring. And it makes a loud sound as well. I took it to ford and they said my air compressor needs replacing but I tested the car with air and no air on and it continues to do the sound when I’m accelerating with the defrost on and off. So I figured it has to be more than just my air compressor as it’s doing it and progressively getting worse every mile I drive it. I also noticed it is increasingly worse when I am lower on gas. I also am having issues with the RPM going high up even when I’m not accelerating and the whole car shakes while I’m in idle. (Which could be completely irrelevant) but It had one pervious owner and a clean car fax and only 38,000 miles on it. I am so lost on what the issue could be as Toyota is telling me my air compressor is fine and Ford is saying it needs replaced, but neither of them have figured out or duplicated the rattling that I hear on the highway to and from work, EVERY DAY. I tried to post a video but it wouldn’t let me. Has anyone dealt with an issue like this and have any idea of what it could be? Please help ☹

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I keep trying to find consistency for when it occurs, but it almost seems nearly impossible as sometimes it will rattle the whole 30 miles it takes me to get home or to work then other times it won’t rattle at all except a very faint rattle when I very first start driving it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts