2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the forum. I could use a little advice. I work on cars and other high tech equipment so I am somewhat competent. I started a vacation in my 2015 2.0 AWD escape 77k- and 800 miles into the trip, I had the dreaded vacuum pump failure. Hard pedal- made it to my destination (Rocky mountains-Brake problem-No Bueno) car running great still. Called all around to get my car in a dealer or shop as I did not have my garage or tools. No one could get me in until I should be back home 1000 miles away. I ordered the pump and drive adapter that threads into cam, picked up the parts, bought some tools. I took the pump out and the adapter was sheared. I cleaned all the shavings I could get and put it back together. short test run went well. Another drive-after 10 minutes loss of most power. I cannot get it up over 60 on the flat with manual shifting. I read a few other posts and it points turbo problems with gunk in the sensors-maybe a total engine replacement. Folks, I am 1000 miles from home with the fam. Is there anybody that can maybe give me a few suggestions to get me to where I can do some things to get this running good enough to get back? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,616 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You could try disconnecting the battery for a while to reset everything. I'd also be double checking everything you disturbed when doing the pump repair too.

Reactions: chucksbp

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the tips. those are the first things that I checked/tried after the engine started acting up. It’s on a transport back home right now. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions when I Tear in to it in my garage. Thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, sparkles through oil. Pulled cam sensor and it was covered with metal particles. Turbo fail codes. Looks like an engine swap.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,616 Posts
Not good. I hope you can get it fixed without it costing too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts