2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped something under the seat of my week old Escape today and when I went down to get it my eye caught this.

Pretty annoying in a brand new car. Looks like it will need an entire new lid to fix this.

I’m hoping the dealer doesn’t give me an issue since I didn’t notice it at pickup time.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Escape Titanium 2.0l Ecoboost
992 Posts
It would have been hard for anyone to catch that when inspecting the vehicle. Hope it's taken care of for you.

Reactions: brianguy714

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
887 Posts
Ford will call it user damage so it's a question of how much your dealer wants to support you.
My daughter's Focus had a glove box door that had an alignment issue and Ford fought it until the dealer pulled the glove box and sent them pics showing that the assembly plastic pin weld was a completely melted miss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The chance that they'd have a new cover handy are slim. Hopefully they can find one. Let them know its a little early in your owner experience to have to hassle with such a thing. But they need to find a new cover I think

I found an inch dia dent right beneath the rear license plate on my 2020 FEH (Ford escape Hybrid?). We had had the vehicle(have a hard time calling it a car) only 3 days. I had not returned any surveys yet. The dealer was positive that the dent was not there when I left the lot. But they wanted to keep me happy so they got their dent expert to take the dent out while I was there. It took a little over an hour(no new paint). They said the cost was $100 and they would pay $30. I still could not give them 5 stars because of their applying Shadow mark "theft deterent stickers without asking me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke with the dealer today and they have ordered a new lid to replace this one. Sounds like all will be well. Still annoyed and don’t like the idea that now they are going to have to pull apart interior pieces on a brand new car but I guess it could be worse.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You’re not the only one with interior issues. I’ve had the A pillar trim, center console bin and the front power window switches replaced. Looks like I’m also going to need the instrument cluster replaced as my speedometer issue was not fixed with a dash cluster reflash.
I wasn’t and am not crazy about the interior being pulled apart but so far everything has been ok with the repairs.
Interior issues seem to be a common problem with the new escapes. There was another member here that had the whole dash replaced because it was warped.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dealers miss things all the time during inspection and dealer prep. The fact that you caught this right away and are bringing it to their attention is the important thing.

It's called bumper to bumper for a reason. Being it back and let them take care of it, if it wasn't an obvious human cause they have no reason to question you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You’re not the only one with interior issues. I’ve had the A pillar trim, center console bin and the front power window switches replaced. Looks like I’m also going to need the instrument cluster replaced as my speedometer issue was not fixed with a dash cluster reflash.
I wasn’t and am not crazy about the interior being pulled apart but so far everything has been ok with the repairs.
Interior issues seem to be a common problem with the new escapes. There was another member here that had the whole dash replaced because it was warped.
As far as the front power window switches, are you having issues with the finish coming off of them? I noticed that with my current car. It's almost like someone with fingernails chipped at it, but I don't have fingernails and I'm the only one that drives it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The chrome part of the switch was peeling on mine. The black part of the switch was ok though. Since having them replaced I’ve been touching only the black part and so far it’s holding up.

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
887 Posts
The switch is a poor design, you can feel the edge running your fingers forward.
They should have followed the design of the Edge/Fusion switches.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It would have been much better if they did. I know the chrome is going to come off again. At that point I’ll probably scrape the remainder off and paint it black to match the switch. I’m a high mileage driver and only have about 9k left on the bumper to bumper and won’t pay out of my pocket for a new switch. Well, maybe I would if they revise it and get did of the chrome.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To update my original post the dealer replaced the lid under warranty and so far so good, the new one seems to fit and work just as well as the factory installed one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts