2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Escape Titanium PHEV - Anti-Matter Blue
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as the title says, my breaks squeak occasionally. Took the Escape to the dealership and they basically said, unable to duplicate at this time. Front and Rear pads and rotors Green. Escape has 7500 miles on it. Service advisor told me this is normal on these due to rust buildup on the brakes.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Your dealer is probably right as the squeak may occur first thing to remove surface rust build up overnight or whenever but should not continue later after the build up is removed.
The dealer would not be able to duplicate it as any surface rust would be removed by the brake pads by the time you presented the car.
Suggest you check before your next initial drive to see if the rotors appear 'rusty'.
Do you have a driveway on an incline where you are using the brakes when reversing on your first drive of the day? If the rotors have any surface rust you are bound to get brake squeak/squeal under those conditions especially when touching them lightly.
Some cars do this and some don't. It can also depend on weather conditions or whether the car is garaged or not.

Reactions: hsd06

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 2022 SE PHEV does this anytime there is moisture, (high humidity, rain, snow, etc.) It is due to rust on the rear brake rotors, because they are of poor quality. Dealer says it is normal. Car is in a garage at home, (heated in the cold weather). Currently have about 8000 miles on this. I plan on replacing the rear rotors and pads with higher quality parts before winter arrives again.
For what its worth, this is the 7th new vehicle I have owned since 2008 and none of the others have had this problem. 6 of those cars were not Fords, 2 of them were hybrids, (1 Honda and 1 Chevy Malibu), Shame on Ford for this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts