2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did some research, the bronco sport has 8.8 inches of ground clearance, the escape has 7.8, the suspension components will interchange, (not sure if strut combo is taller or not), but thinking if it is taller then having a hybrid AWD with technical suspension lift, with the instant torque it would make a good trail runner...

Just my thoughts, like they matter:cool:

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
3,772 Posts
You can get up basic diagrams and part numbers on Tasca Parts website if you want to look into it further. (Assuming they list the current models?)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting part numbers aren't a problem, I actually work the tech side of a Ford Parts department, finding the actual measurements without ordering the parts is the kicker

·
Registered
57 Posts
My question would be wheel wells. I'm guessing the lift probably won't let you accommodate a much bigger wheel, and 1" isn't quite enough to gain you significant clearance on its own. You certainly could improve the situation though. Maybe I can find a BSport to swap my freaking 19s with lol.

We've taken our Escape hybrid on dirt roads and the like and it does pretty good. The interesting part is when you go into deep sand/snow mode, it actually goes to the gas engine first unless you really stomp on it, then it does both.

My other vehicle is a 4Runner, so BSport suspension was one of my first thoughts xD That said, I'm guessing the fuel economy hit from lift + AT tires isn't going to be pretty.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Escape SE Hybrid AWD
3 Posts
Check out Flatout Suspension. They’re on the Maverick forum and said their kits fit Escape, Bronco Sport and Maverick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts