2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I’m new to the forum and wondering if I could get some expert help. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong spot!

I’ve been looking at getting an Escape for awhile now. I love the look of the black with the sport appearance package. The only thing stopping me from snapping one up is the issues I’ve been reading related to the infamous coolant leaks. The particular vehicle I’m looking at is a 2017 SE with the 2.0L engine. It also is a Ford Certified vehicle with the 7 year/100,000 mile warranty so I feel comfortable with having the peace of mind for the potential coolant leak even if it has the 2.0L.

My only issue is that the Escape in question was a former “Canadian” vehicle. I know that the vehicle was essentially manufactured in the US and shipped to Canada but not totally sure of the potential hoops I’ll have to jump through with an Escape with a Canadian VIN. The escape is in the US now and has passed through Customs, which according to my state’s (Wisconsin) DMV website should clear it to be registered. My concerns are that I might run into issues if I need to utilize the warranty, get it serviced or if I’ll have issues registering the vehicle. Does this Ford warranty apply to a “Canadian” version in the United States? I’m looking for any advice on things to ask or check on in order to not get screwed by going this route.

Thank you very much!!

·
Registered
Sunset 2014 Escape Ti 2.0 Persian Green 2020 Escape Ti Hybrid
722 Posts
You won't run into anything different on the warranty from a US version, its a CPO which means a dealer re-homed it.
The only thing I think you might want to verify is if the cluster is in miles or Km, most of the units I've seen have the clusters updated but I have seen a couple on lots where the cluster was still in Km

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine was a Canadian vehicle, essentially new when I bought it. The cruise control is in km, that's it.
I just bought one and am having the same thing going on. Its not the biggest deal in the world but is there any way to change it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts