2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
949 Posts
That glass would only suit vehicles that already had the BLIS.
I am not trying to be funny but surely you knew your car did not have the BLIS before you bought the glass?

I would imagine it would be very expensive to add it now even if it was possible as it was a factory fitted extra along with other technology in the older Escapes anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Kuga Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
2,432 Posts
Did your vehicle have the two wire loom plug in place to connect to the mirror? If you've got the wiring in place it may be feasible to add on the other required components, but it would be a major job and likely require module reprogramming.

FYI this website will likely show the missing components and required wiring looms Modifications FORD Kuga 2012- (CBS)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you wiz043.
Newbie here - I rushed buying these mirrors without realizing it needs that BLIS system.
I thought the mirrors had these sensors/detection system integrated in...
But thank you again for your response, the good thing is that I can return those mirrors back and get refunded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi murcod,

When I pulled out the original side mirror I have, I noticed that the new Blind Spot Detection mirror has an extra plug where the mirror base does not have a matching cable/connector for.
Thank you for that link you sent. I guess Ford Kuga is the European version of the Ford Escape.
I'll look at it to see if there is anything reasonable I can do and if not I will simply return those mirrors.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Escape Trend 2L, Ruby red,Technology pack, SatNav, dashcam etc.
949 Posts
Thank you wiz043.
Newbie here - I rushed buying these mirrors without realizing it needs that BLIS system.
I thought the mirrors had these sensors/detection system integrated in...
But thank you again for your response, the good thing is that I can return those mirrors back and get refunded.
Oh, I see...that's understandable. Be great if it was plug and play..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts