2013+ Ford Escape Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 escape SEL. Current tires are 235/50R18 .. I have tires I can buy for next to nothing brand new on clearence. I'm curious if they will fit. They are 235/60R18 .. I know the speedometer will read like 4mph off at highway speeds but has anyone actually did it and successful without issues...

Thank you!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 2013 escape SEL. Current tires are 235/50R18 .. I have tires I can buy for next to nothing brand new on clearence. I'm curious if they will fit. They are 235/60R18 .. I know the speedometer will read like 4mph off at highway speeds but has anyone actually did it and successful without issues...

Thank you!
You should be ok to use the 60 series tire size.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I am at P235/60R17 (stock is P235/55R17), the equivalent of P235/55R18, and they fit fine with no rubbing. They are about 1" larger around or 1/2 larger on all sides.
You are jumping up to P235/60R18, the equivalent of P235/65R17 is adding another 1" all around on top of that of 1/2" larger on all sizes (basically 2" wider tires than stock).
It will certainly be a squeeze and I am interested how it works out.
Get a test fitment of one tire at a tire place and have them move it to each corner.
Try turning and see.
I have great Cooper Discoverer AT3 all terrain tires now and got close to 3/4" of extra ground clearance from them alone, but I am drooling for a slight bit more rubber for the next set as P235/65R17 opens up a lot of really good all terrain tire possibilities.
I think others have tried...bu the fitment is going to be super tight.
Remember you will have to remove the two rear forward-facing mud flaps and remember AT tires will be a tad wider overall than all season tires given the deeper, more aggressive tread.
Let us know how it worked out. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
And you can even change your tire size in ForScan, I think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put 225/60r18 (28.6") on my wife's car, doubting that a 29" tire would fit. It fits perfectly, no rubbing whatsoever even on hard corners and potholes. Smoothed out the ride immensely!

There is a little space left. I think a 235/60r18 (29.1") could fit. Oh well. I'm happy. Looks much better too. I want to lower the back a smidget to make the wheel wells concentric in the rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts